Module documentation for 0.3.1
There are no documented modules for this package.
This package based on code from cabal-sort, sorts rpm package spec files by build order.
$ rpmbuild-order --help $ rpmbuild-order sort mycore mylib myapp mylib mycore myapp
The arguments passed can either be directories named after the package, or spec files.
By default it outputs the package names, but it can also output the spec filenames or directory paths for easier scripting.
Using the rpmbuild-order
rdeps commands the ordered
dependencies and reverse dependencies of a package can be obtained
from the current set of checked out package sources.
Given packages A, B, C, where C depends on B, and B depends on A, and you call
rpmbuild-order sort C.spec A.spec
then the output may be wrong if C does not have a direct dependency on A. Even if the order is correct, B is missing in the output and thus in this case the list of packages cannot be reliably used for a sequence of builds.
rdeps commands take
other neighbouring package directories into account.
- repoquery is not used to resolve Requires or filelists for Provides. So if a package BuildRequires a file, it will not be resolved to a package. This may get addressed in a future version.
- fix detection of circular dependencies (bug introduced in 0.3)
- check package provides instead of rpms
- use ByteString for packages (provides)
- move to simple-cmd-args (optparse-applicative)
- add –lenient for rpmspec failures
- error if no spec file
- filter out hidden files from deps search
- add –version
- generate manpage with help2man
- initial release with sort, deps and rdeps (reverse dependencies) commands