Krank checks your code source comments for important markers.
Comments are part of our code and are not usually tested correctly. Hence their content can become incoherent or obsolete. Krank tries to avoid that by running checkers on the comments themselves.
Just launch the
krank command with a list of files as arguments. It
works on any kind of source code file and prints a report of
informations found in the comments:
$ krank $(git ls-files) default.nix:20:20: info: still Open: https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/2733 foo.hs:67:11: error: now Closed: https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/issues/6313
krank will fail (i.e. non-zero exit code) in case of any error.
krank is telling us that our source code links to github
issues which are now closed. Time to remove some workarounds now that
upstream issues are fixed!
You can check
krank --help for a list of options, such as
configuring your API token for external services, such as github and
- IssueTracker is listing Github and Gitlab issue linked in comment. Issues which are still Open will be listed as info and Closed issues are listed as error. Convenient to know when to remove workarounds.
If you want to ignore all krank checkers on a given line of code, add
krank:ignore-line on this
same line. Krank will then skip this line and not report anything on it
Revision history for krank
0.2.2 – 2020-06-30
- #84 fix build with
- #81, new
--versioncommand line argument
0.2.1 – 2020-05-02
- #76 fix. ignore space in URL
- Output now includes the issue title.
0.2.0 – 2020-04-19
- GHC 8.10 support
- Output is more compact and more detailed.
- Output is now colored (can be disabled with
- Gitlab support. See
--issuetracker-gitlabhostfor host / api key pairs.
- Huge performance improvement. Parsing a huge codebase should only be a matter of a few seconds.
- Parallel request execution. Requests to the issue tracker host are not sequential anymore. This can dramatically reduce the runtime.
- Ignore line. Add
krank:ignore-linein your comments and the associated closed issue won’t be seen as an error anymore.
- Failure mode:
krankwill return non 0 exit code if an issue is closed (an not ignored).
0.1.0.0 – 2019-10-21
- First version. Released on an unsuspecting world.
- Support for Github issues tracking