Module documentation for 126.96.36.199
The HaTeX library
HaTeX is a Haskell library that implements the LaTeX syntax, plus some abstractions on top.
HaTeX, use cabal-install.
$ cabal update $ cabal install HaTeX
This will download and install the latest official release (recommended). If you want to try a newer version, use git to clone the code contained in this repository.
$ git clone https://github.com/Daniel-Diaz/HaTeX.git $ cd HaTeX $ cabal install
However, this is not recommended as it may include some bugs or oddities due to in-development features. Note that this package follows the Package Versioning Policy, so it is unlikely to suffer from API breakages if you follow it too when importing the library (assuming you are using the version in Hackage).
HaTeX in Hackage
HaTeX User’s Guide
The HaTeX User’s Guide lives here… and is also done in Haskell! It is free source and anybody can contribute to it. Doing so, you will help current and future users!
A downloadable version (not necessarily the latest version, but most likely) can be found here. To be sure that you are reading the last version, go to the github repository of the guide and follow instructions to build it. It is fairly easy.
Please note that the user’s guide needs to be updated (contributions are more than welcome!).
Community and Contributions
There are many ways to get involved in the HaTeX project. Use the most comfortable way for you.
- Fork the GitHub repository.
- Report bugs or make suggestions opening a ticket in the Issue Tracker.
- Help us to improve and extend our hatex-guide.
- Join the Mailing List for help or announcements of the latest developments.
- Drop by the IRC channel at
- Add more examples.
- Add more documentation.
- BibTeX support.
- haskintex: Tool to use Haskell (and, additionaly, the HaTeX library) within a LaTeX file.
- TeX-my-math: Experimental library to ease the production of mathematical expressions using HaTeX (no longer maintained?).
Travis automatic build
Every time code changes in the GitHub repository, an automatic build checks that the library compiles with several versions of GHC (7.4, 7.6, and 7.8) and that all tests pass. This label indicates the result of the last automatic build.
Currently, automatic builds are only running under Linux. We hope Travis will support other systems in the future.
This is the logchange of HaTeX. It might not be exhaustive. For a full list of changes, see the commit history of the git repository:
Changelog by versions
From 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- New differentiation symbols (AMSMath).
- Fix for integralFromTo.
- Extend definitions for the Num class instance of LaTeXT.
- Show and Eq instances of LaTeXT dissappear if base version is greater or equal to 220.127.116.11.
From 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- Full compatibility without warnings with GHC-7.10.
From 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- Pretty-printer: Use softline instead of line after commands.
- Compatibility with GHC-7.10.
- Added accent commands to AMSMath (dmcclean).
- Missing Num and Floating class methods now have a default implementation,
using the new
jmathto AMSMath (dmcclean).
- Support for parsec-3.1.9 (snoyberg).
Thanks to Douglas McClean ([email protected]) for the AMSMath additions.
From 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- New package implemented: relsize. Thanks José Romildo Malaquias.
- Fixed bug in autoBrackets (#42).
From 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
- New package implemented: AMSSymb.
- Package beamer further developed.
- Bug fix: #35.
- Added common numeric sets to AMSSymb.
- Breaking change: AMSMath functions ‘pm’ and ‘mp’ changed their
LaTeXC l => l -> l -> lto
LaTeXC l => l.
- Additions to the AMSMath module.
From 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52
- Fixed link in cabal file.
- Added support for arguments delimited by parenthesis (experimental).
- More tests on parsing.
- Parser now backtracks when failing in argument parsing.
From 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11
- New function
matrixTabularto create tables from matrices.
- Modified LaTeX Monoid instance to make monoid laws hold.
- Some documentation improvements.
- Added this CHANGELOG!