Module documentation for 0.10.6.0
ByteString: Fast, Packed Strings of Bytes
This library provides the
Data.ByteString module – strict and lazy
byte arrays manipulable as strings – providing very time/space-efficient
string and IO operations.
For very large data requirements, or constraints on heap size,
Data.ByteString.Lazy is provided, a lazy list of bytestring chunks.
Efficient processing of multi-gigabyte data can be achieved this way.
The library also provides
Data.ByteString.Builder for efficient construction
ByteString values from smaller pieces during binary serialization.
- Cabal 1.10 or greater
- GHC 6.12 or greater
You can run the testsuite as follows:
ByteString was derived from the GHC
originally written by Bryan O’Sullivan, and then by Simon Marlow.
It was adapted and greatly extended for darcs by David Roundy and
others. Don Stewart and Duncan Coutts cleaned up and further extended
the implementation and added the
.Lazy code. Simon Meier contributed
0.10.6.0 Duncan Coutts [email protected] Mar 2015
- Rename inlinePerformIO so people don’t misuse it
- Fix a corner case in unfoldrN
- Export isSuffixOf from D.B.Lazy.Char8
- Add D.B.Lazy.elemIndexEnd
- Fix readFile for files with incorrectly reported file size
- Fix for builder performance with ghc 7.10
- Fix building with ghc 6.12
0.10.4.1 Duncan Coutts [email protected] Nov 2014
- Fix integer overflow in concatenation functions
- Fix strictness of lazy bytestring foldl’
- Numerous minor documentation fixes
- Various testsuite improvements