ByteString: Fast, Packed Strings of Bytes
This library provides the
Data.ByteString module -- strict and lazy
byte arrays manipulable as strings -- providing very time/space-efficient
string and IO operations.
For very large data requirements, or constraints on heap size,
Data.ByteString.Lazy is provided, a lazy list of bytestring chunks.
Efficient processing of multi-gigabyte data can be achieved this way.
The library also provides
Data.ByteString.Builder for efficient construction
ByteString values from smaller pieces during binary serialization.
- Cabal 1.10 or greater
- GHC 6.12 or greater
You can run the testsuite as follows:
ByteString was derived from the GHC
originally written by Bryan O'Sullivan, and then by Simon Marlow.
It was adapted and greatly extended for darcs by David Roundy and
others. Don Stewart and Duncan Coutts cleaned up and further extended
the implementation and added the
.Lazy code. Simon Meier contributed
0.10.8.2 Duncan Coutts Feb 2017
- Make readFile work for files with no size like /dev/null
- Extend the cases in which concat and toStrict can avoid copying data
- Fix building with ghc-7.0
- Minor documentation improvements
- Internal code cleanups
0.10.8.1 Duncan Coutts May 2016
- Fix Builder output on big-endian architectures
- Fix building with ghc-7.6 and older
0.10.8.0 Duncan Coutts May 2016
- Use Rabin-Karp substring search for
- Improve the performance of
partitionfor lazy and strict bytestrings
stripSuffixfor lazy and strict bytestrings
- Fix building with ghc 8.0 & base 4.9 (Semigroup etc)
0.10.6.0 Duncan Coutts Mar 2015
- Rename inlinePerformIO so people don't misuse it
- Fix a corner case in unfoldrN
- Export isSuffixOf from D.B.Lazy.Char8
- Add D.B.Lazy.elemIndexEnd
- Fix readFile for files with incorrectly reported file size
- Fix for builder performance with ghc 7.10
- Fix building with ghc 6.12
0.10.4.1 Duncan Coutts Nov 2014
- Fix integer overflow in concatenation functions
- Fix strictness of lazy bytestring foldl'
- Numerous minor documentation fixes
- Various testsuite improvements