This package provides tools for working with various Kan extensions and Kan lifts in Haskell.
Among the interesting bits included are:
- Right and left Kan extensions (
- Right and left Kan lifts (
- Multiple forms of the Yoneda lemma (
Codensitymonad, which can be used to improve the asymptotic complexity of code over free monads (
- A "comonad to monad-transformer transformer" that is a special case of a right Kan lift. (
Contributions and bug reports are welcome!
Please feel free to contact me through github or on the #haskell IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
Removed some redundant constraints
Builds clean on GHC 7.10
Remove pointed dependency
Moved co- and contra- variant
contravariantto here. Day convolution is intimately connected to
CoT w mto model a state machine with states in
wand effects in
Made fixes necessary to work around changes in
ImpredicativeTypesfor GHC 7.8.1rc2
Bug fix so we can compile on GHC 7.4
- Now compatible with
- Moved all the
Yonedavariants around again.
- Improved haddocks
Data.Functor.Contravariant.Yonedato complete the set of Yoneda embeddings/reductions.
Added several missing isomorphisms
instance Monad m => MonadSpec (Yoneda m)
Fixed a bug in the signature for
- More combinators for
- Added combinators for working with representable functors rather than just adjoint functors.
- Moved from
Data.Functor.Yoneda.Reductionadopting terminology from Todd Trimble.
- Added various missing isomorphisms.
- Greatly improved the Haddocks for this package stating laws and derivations where we can (especially for 'Rift' and 'Ran').
Rift is now
- Added right and left Kan lifts under
- Decreased reliance on the
Compositionclass where unnecessary in the API
Trustworthyas required for
SafeHaskellin the presence of these extensions.
- Refactored build system
- IRC build-bot notification
- Removed upper bounds on dependencies on my other packages
Control.Monad.Free.Churchover to the
freepackage instead and removed it from