Module documentation for 0.21
Cryptonite is a haskell repository of cryptographic primitives. Each crypto algorithm has specificities that are hard to wrap in common APIs and types, so instead of trying to provide a common ground for algorithms, this package provides a non-consistent low-level API.
If you have no idea what you're doing, please do not use this directly. Instead, rely on higher level protocols or implementations.
Documentation: cryptonite on hackage
Development versions are an incremental number prefixed by 0. There is no API stability between development versions.
Production versions : TBD
The coding style of this project mostly follows: haskell-style
cryptonite supports the following platforms:
- Windows >= 8
- OSX >= 10.8
On the following architectures:
On the following haskell versions:
- GHC 7.0.x
- GHC 7.4.x
- GHC 7.6.x
- GHC 7.8.x
- GHC 7.10.x
Further platforms and architectures probably work too, but since the maintainer(s) don't have regular access to them, we can't commit to further support.
Known Building Issues
On OSX <= 10.7, the system compiler doesn't understand the '-maes' option, and with the lack of autodetection feature builtin in .cabal file, it is left on the user to disable the aesni. See the [Disabling AESNI] section
It may be useful to disable AESNI for building, testing or runtime purposes. This is achieved with the support_aesni flag.
As part of configure of cryptonite:
cabal configure --flag='-support_aesni'
or as part of an installation:
cabal install --constraint="cryptonite -support_aesni"
For help with cabal flags, see: stackoverflow : is there a way to define flags for cabal
- Fixed hash truncation used in ECDSA signature & verification (Olivier Chéron)
- Fix ECDH when scalar and coordinate bit sizes differ (Olivier Chéron)
- Speed up ECDSA verification using Shamir's trick (Olivier Chéron)
- Fix rdrand on windows
- Add tutorial (Yann Esposito)
- Derive Show instance for better interaction with Show pretty printer (Eric Mertens)
- Re-used standard rdrand instructions instead of bytedump of rdrand instruction
- Improvement to F2m, including lots of tests (Andrew Lelechenko)
- Add error check on salt length in bcrypt
- Add Miyaguchi-Preneel construction (Kei Hibino)
- Fix buffer length in scrypt (Luke Taylor)
- build fixes for i686 and arm related to rdrand
Fix basepoint for Ed448
Enable 64-bit Curve25519 implementation
Fix serialization of DH and ECDH
- Reduce size of SHA3 context instead of allocating all-size fit memory. save up to 72 bytes of memory per context for SHA3-512.
- Add a Seed capability to the main DRG, to be able to debug/reproduce randomized program where you would want to disable the randomness.
- Add support for Cipher-based Message Authentication Code (CMAC) (Kei Hibino)
- CHANGE Change the
Crypto.PubKey.ECC.DH, from an Integer newtype to a ScrubbedBytes newtype. Prevent mistake where the bytes representation is generated without the right padding (when needed).
- CHANGE Keep The field size in bits, in the
Crypto.PubKey.DH, moving from 2 elements to 3 elements in the structure.
SECURITY Fix buffer overflow issue in SHA384, copying 16 extra bytes from the SHA512 context to the destination memory pointer leading to memory corruption, segfault. (Mikael Bung)
Fix compilation issue with Ed448 on 32 bits machine.
- Truncate hashing correctly for DSA
- Add support for HKDF (RFC 5869)
- Add support for Ed448
- Extends support for Blake2s to 224 bits version.
- Compilation workaround for old distribution (RHEL 4.1)
- Compilation fix for AIX
- Compilation fix with AESNI and ghci compiling C source in a weird order.
- Fix example compilation, typo, and warning
- Add reference implementation of blake2 for non-SSE2 platform
- Add support_blake2_sse flag
- Quiet down unused module imports
- Move Curve25519 over to Crypto.Error instead of using Either String.
- Add documentation for ChaChaPoly1305
- Add missing documentation for various modules
- Add a way to create Poly1305 Auth tag.
- Added support for the BLAKE2 family of hash algorithms
- Fix endianness of incrementNonce function for ChaChaPoly1305
- Add support for ChaChaPoly1305 Nonce Increment (John Galt)
- Move repository to the haskell-crypto organisation
- Add PKCS5 / PKCS7 padding and unpadding methods
- Fix ChaChaPoly1305 Decryption
- Add support for BCrypt (Luke Taylor)
- Add ChaChaPoly1305 AE cipher
- Add instructions in README for building on old OSX
- Fix blocking /dev/random Andrey Sverdlichenko
Fix all strays exports to all be under the cryptonite prefix.
Add a System DRG that represent a referentially transparent of evaluated bytes while using lazy evaluation for future entropy values.
- Allow drgNew to run in any MonadRandom, providing cascading initialization
- Remove Crypto.PubKey.HashDescr in favor of just having the algorithm specified in PKCS15 RSA function.
- Fix documentation in cipher sub section (Luke Taylor)
- Cleanup AES dead functions (Luke Taylor)
- Fix Show instance of Digest to display without quotes similar to cryptohash
- Use scrubbed bytes instead of bytes for P256 scalar
- Fix P256 compilation and exactness, + add tests
- Add a raw memory number serialization capability (i2osp, os2ip)
- Improve tests for number serialization
- Improve tests for ECC arithmetics
- Add Ord instance for Digest (Nicolas Di Prima)
- Fix entropy compilation on windows 64 bits.
- Initial release