SQL DDL support and migrations support library for Beam
|Version on this page:||0.5.1.2|
|LTS Haskell 20.16:||0.5.1.2|
|Stackage Nightly 2022-11-17:||0.5.1.2|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.5.2.0|
Module documentation for 0.5.1.2
This package provides type classes to allow backends to implement SQL DDL support for beam. This allows you to use beam syntax to write type-safe schema generation code. The package also provides features to introspect beam schemas, and support for automatic generation of migrations in SQL and Haskell formats. This is mostly a low-level support library. Most often, this library is used to write tooling to support DDL manipulation in your project, or to enable migrations support in beam backends. For a more turnkey solution for database migrations, consider the beam-migrate command line tool. This provides out-of-the-box support for migrations, schema change management, and version control, based on the features provided in this library.
- Aeson 2.0 support
- GHC 9.2 and 9.0 support
- Order log entries when verifying migration status
- Removed instances for machine-dependent ambiguous integer types
- GHC 8.8 support
verifySchema, but detects and returns unexpected predicates found in the live database
- Suppress creation of primary key constraints for tables with no primary keys
Semigroup instances to prepare for GHC 8.4 and Stackage nightly
- Re-introduce backend parameter as
- Move beam migration log schema to beam-migrate, since many applications will want to easily manage a database using the haskell-based migrations
Database.Beam.Migrate.Simple, which can be used to bring a database up to date with the given migration.
0.2.0.0 – 2018-01-20
- First version. Released on an unsuspecting world.