Program to derive type class instances http://repetae.net/computer/haskell/DrIFT/
|Latest on Hackage:||2.3.0|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
This package contains a source distribution of DrIFT, a tool for automatic derivation of Haskell class instances. DrIFT was formerly known as Derive.
The original homepage is at http://repetae.net/john/computer/haskell/DrIFT/. But DrIFT-cabalized package has some changes with original DrIFT.
Contents of this package:
- src: Directory with the source files of the DrIFT tool
- example: Directory with examples of using the DrIFT tool
- docs: Documentation
How to install
To configure and install DrIFT from the source tarball
$ autoreconf -i $ ./configure $ make cabal-install
* Publish DrIFT in HackageDB.
* Get less warning message.
* redid build model, collect deriving rules automatically.
Mon Aug 14 19:22:26 PDT 2006 John Meacham <email@example.com>
* update autotools to make autoreconf work
* update README to reflect there no longer being a 'reconf' script
* get rid of recursive make in docs/ subdirectory
Thu Jan 25 21:04:02 PST 2007 John Meacham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* add support for Data.Binary, move old Binary to BitsBinary
Mon Apr 10 00:39:24 PDT 2006 John Meacham <email@example.com>
* add note about reconf script
* make the parser handle newtype deriving without bailing out
* fix bug in Ord deriving rule
Wed Jan 18 03:59:21 PST 2006 David Roundy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* fix typo in src/Makefile.am
Sun Nov 27 02:59:14 PST 2005 Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
* Change rule for Haskell2XmlNew into XmlContent, add Parse rule.
The Haskell2XmlNew class was a temporary staging post on the way to
developing a new XmlContent class, available in HaXml-1.14 onwards.
This patch updates the name, and the rule, to match the latest
developments. It also adds support for the textual (non-XML) Parse
class, which is an experimental replacement for the Read class, using
monadic parser combinators. This is also currently defined in
* docs should refer to StandardRules.hs, not .lhs
* fix docs for Hugs usage
* keep docs of --list option up-to-date
Tue Nov 15 18:09:40 PST 2005 Einar Karttunen <email@example.com>
* Hook Arbitrary into DrIFT proper
* Add UserRuleArbitrary
Thu Nov 3 02:52:38 PST 2005 John Meacham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* fix data derving for new versions of ghc
* fix rpm building, autoconf and some general make issues
* fix warnings in generated binary instances
* fix autoconf warnings
Mon Sep 12 08:11:10 PDT 2005 Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk
* support for Haskell2XmlNew
The HaXml library Haskell2Xml has been extended to make secondary parsing
of the generic XML content tree into a typed value more robust. An API
change means that a new version of the class (unimaginatively called
Haskell2XmlNew) exists, and this patch adds the ability to generate
parsing code for the new class.
* doc updates
Fix some very out-of-date statements in the manual.
Tue May 31 16:17:12 PDT 2005 Samuel Bronson <email@example.com>
* avoid problems with hmake by invoking ghc -M directly
* Default to GHC to avoid NHC's tiny heap
Tue Apr 19 21:09:13 PDT 2005 John Meacham <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Be sure to flush handles pointing to files before quitting
* fix off-by-one line number error
* Remove reference to genconf
* Updated GenUtil.hs to fix nhc build
* added 'get' utility which creates foo_g for each label which returns its
value in a failing monad rather than raising an error.
* added 'from' utility which creates fromFoo for each constructors
* no longer an error for DERIVEPATH to not be set
* added -i to ignore directives in file. useful with -g and -r for testing
* added 'Query' which creates from, get, has, and is functions, but in a
class with an instance for the data type. useful for extensible data types
* added deriving rule for 'Monoid'
* added code subdirectory with support code
* added rule for GhcBinary
* now allows record syntax with newtype
* 'update' functions now pass through values without the specified field
* drift-ghc script added to be used with ghc by passing -pgmF drift-ghc -F
* documentation updated.
* deriving 'update' works with newer versions of ghc
* fixed bug in Show and Read instances
* fixed many warnings in generated code
* support for strict fields in constructors
* support for infix constructors
* added help messages and categorization to rules
* small isLiterate fix (TODO use nhcs deliterizer)
* prints debug info in comment in chaseImports
* code cleanups
* integrated some changes from Strafunski 1.7
* autoconf/automake improvements
* fixed version strings in generated files
* fix dependency generation
* fixed example test cases
* autoconf/automake added
* texinfo is installed properly now
* build system cleanups
* works with both nhc and ghc again
* new texinfo documentation, based on Noel's original manual.
* new option '-r' to only emit results and not original source
* new option '-g' to add new global rules to apply.
* cleaned up old non haskell98-compliant hacks
* proper GetOpt command line handling, allows you to specify an
output file (-o) as well as list all possible derivations this
version was compiled with (-l)
* proper LINE pragmas in generated code
* smarter error handling in some cases, parser smarter sometimes.
* can deal with/ignore as appropriate some ghc extensions now
* rules to derive Typeable used by the Dynamic library.
* rules to derive Observable from the HOOD object debugger
* rules to derive Term, a generic term representation for generic
computation, can be used in a similar fashion to the Strafunski one,
but has a number of advantages, fully lazy constant time implode/explode
being the main one. (the external library is compatable with their work.)