Derive Template Haskell's Lift class for datatypes.
|Version on this page:||0.8.1|
|LTS Haskell 20.23:||0.8.3|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-05-29:||0.8.3|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.8.3|
Module documentation for 0.8.1
Derive Template Haskell's
Lift class for datatypes using
The functionality in this package has largely been subsumed by the
DeriveLift language extension, which is available in GHC 8.0 and later
versions. This package can still be useful as a uniform way to derive
Lift instances that is backwards-compatible with older GHCs.
The following libraries are related:
The th-orphans package provides instances for
The th-lift-instances package provides
Liftinstances for types in
vector, etc. Some of these instances are only provided for old versions of their respective libraries, as the same
Liftinstances are also present upstream on newer versions.
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
[0.8.1] - 2019-12-06
- Support GHC 8.10/
- Derive implementations of
liftTyped(in addition to
lift) when using
- Fix a bug in which derived
Liftinstances for data types containing
Addr#would fail to typecheck.
[0.8.0.1] - 2019-05-09
- Support GHC 8.8/
[0.8] - 2019-04-26
Const ()instances. These are now provided in
[0.7.11] - 2018-08-27
- Support for GHC 8.6.
[0.7.10] - 2018-02-01
- Add support for data families
[0.7.9] - 2018-02-01
[0.7.8] - 2018-02-01
- GHC 8.4 compatibility.
[0.7.7] - 2015-04-19
- GHC 8.2 compatibility.
[0.7.6] - 2015-01-18
- GHC 8.1 compatibility.
[0.7.5] - 2015-11-19
makeLift, for cases when it’s necessary to write the instance manually. (Thanks to Ryan Scott).
- Support empty datatypes and unboxed types.
[0.7] - 2014-12-07
- Support GHC 7.9 and hopefully 7.10, thanks to Richard Eisenberg.
- On versions of GHC that support role inference, don’t constrain phantom type variables.
- Get rid of some orphan instances when using GHC >= 7.9.
[0.6] - 2013-12-09
- Support GHC 7.8, thanks to Michael Snoyberg.
- Support existentially quantified type variables in datatype declarations.
- Handle exotic kinds properly.
[0.5.2] - 2010-09-19
- Support older GHCs and Cabal, thanks to Ben Millwood.
[0.5] - 2010-08-05
- Support for contexts in datatypes, thanks to Ben Millwood.
deriveLift'and takes an
Infostructure rather than a custom reification function.
deriveLiftManyto derive many
Liftinstances in one go.
[0.4] - 2010-08-02
- Add support for newtypes and records syntax, thanks to a patch by Ben Millwood.
- Add support for infix constructors.
deriveLiftreturns a list of declarations.
deriveLiftWithfunction with custom reification, following a feature request by Jonas Duregård.
[0.3] - 2010-03-24
- Port to Template Haskell 2.4.
- Maintainer is now Mathieu Boespflug.
[0.2] - 2006-09-06
Initial release by Ian Lynagh.