This package provides functions for looking up an emoji by its name (alias), and for returning the aliases of an emoji.
A full list of (alias, emoji) pairs is also exported.
Emoji data (
emoji.json) is taken from the
gemoji gem, used by GitHub. To
emoji.json datafile from the latest gemoji source, do
make emoji.json. If
emoji.json has changed, do
make to regenerate the
emojis.inc file and rebuild the project.
This package has the following advantages over the
emoji package on Hackage:
- It supports a fuller range of emojis, including all those supported by GitHub
- It supports lookup of emoji aliases from emoji
- It uses Text rather than String
- It has a lighter dependency footprint: in particular, it does not require aeson
- It does not require TemplateHaskell
- Initial release