Maintained by Alex McLean, Mike Hodnick
Module documentation for 0.9.4
TidalCycles log of changes
hurrywhich both speeds up the sound and the pattern by the given amount.
stripewhich repeats a pattern a given number of times per cycle, with random but contiguous durations.
- Added continuous function
- Turned more pattern transformation parameters into patterns - spread', striateX, every', inside, outside, swing
- Added experimental datatype for Xenakis sieves
- Correctly parse negative rationals
breakUpthat finds events that share the same timespan, and spreads them out during that timespan, so for example (breakUp "[bd,sn]") gets turned into the "bd sn"
fillwhich 'fills in' gaps in one pattern with events from another.
..in ranges as quick fix for issue with parsing negative numbers
- Removed overloaded list thingie for now, unsure whether it's worth the dependency
- The sequence parser can now expand ranges, e.g.
"0-3 4-2"is equivalent to
"[0 1 2 3] [4 3 2]"
- Sequences can now be described using list syntax, for example
sound ["bd", "sn"]is equivalent to
sound "bd sn". They aren't lists though, so you can't for example do
sound (["bd", "sn"] ++ ["arpy", "cp"])-- but can do
sound (append ["bd", "sn"] ["arpy", "cp"])
- New function
linger (1/4)will only play the first quarter of the given pattern, four times to fill the cycle.
discretisenow takes time value as its first parameter, not a pattern of time, which was causing problems and needs some careful thought.
relalias for the
releaseparameter, to match the
- The start of automatic testing for a holy bug-free future
- Fixed bug that was causing events to double up or get lost,
revwas combined with certain other functions.