This package provides functions for looking up an emoji by its name (alias), and for returning the aliases of an emoji.
A full list of (alias, emoji) pairs is also exported. In addition, a list of all emoji (including those without aliases) is exported, along with a list of all emoji formed using zero-width joiners.
Emoji aliases (
emoji.json) are taken from the
gemoji gem, used by GitHub. The full list
of emoji are taken from the Unicode emoji specification files,
emoji-zwj-sequences.txt). To regenerate these
datafiles from the latest source, do
make datafiles. If they have changed,
make to regenerate the
emojis.inc file and rebuild the project.
This package has the following advantages over the
emoji package on Hackage:
- It supports a fuller range of emojis, including all those supported by GitHub
- It supports lookup of emoji aliases from emoji
- It uses Text rather than String
- It has a lighter dependency footprint: in particular, it does not require aeson
- It does not require TemplateHaskell
- Initial release
- Update emoji data.
- Update emoji data (Unicode 14.0) and aliases from gemoji.
zwjEmojis, generated directly from Unicode emoji data files, so that the library contains a complete list of emojis, including emojis for which gemoji provides no alias (Stephen Morgan).