A tetris-like game (works with GHC 6.8.3 and Gtk2hs 0.9.13) http://lambdacolyte.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/tetris-in-haskell/
|Latest on Hackage:||0.2|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
- The game currently works only with GHC 6.8.3 due to its use of Gtk2hs 0.9.13.
- I haven't tested with anything later but it is likely to fail due the fact that
later versions of Gtk2hs have a different system of handling events.
- To make this project compatible with later versions of GHC and Gtk2hs two changes are required:
- Remove the function "permutations" which was copied from a later GHC base library
- Alter key-event handling to the version used by later Gtk2hs: some functions (in CommandKeys.hs)
were simply introduced in order to disallow some of the keys used in the game (namely rotation) to trigger
continuously when a key is held pressed. I believe this kind of behaviour can be managed automatically
with Gtk2hs' new event handling mechanism, however I haven't had time to recode accordingly myself.
- I hope to write a patch for this in the near future.
-  Starts a Game
- [P] Pause/Resume Game
- [Esc] Exit Game
- [A]/[Left] Shift Left
- [D]/[Right] Shift Right
- [W]/[Up] Hard Drop
- [S]/[Down] Soft Drop
- [Q]/[,] Rotate Left
- [E]/[.] Rotate Right
Some gameplay features to add in the future:
- T-spin points
- Feel free to criticize (constructively) my code as this has been my first real forray into Haskell.
- Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org :)