HFuse is a binding for the Linux FUSE library. https://github.com/m15k/hfuse
|Latest on Hackage:||0.2.4.5|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
Haskell FUSE API
Filesystem in Userspace ("FUSE") makes it possible to implement a filesystem as a userspace program.
This library is the Haskell binding to this library.
- Programs using HFuse should be compiled with -threaded.
- This now works for base 4.6+
- Added build options support for FreeBSD (contribution by https://github.com/pesco)
- MacFUSE should also work (https://github.com/mwotton/hfuse)
- OSXFuse also works (https://github.com/edyu/hfuse)
All of the usual methods for installation will be supported. For Mac OS X, you must install OSXFuse first.
Installation via Hackage
cabal install hfuse
Installation for development
Can either be handled via Hackage
cabal unpack hfuse cd HFuse-0.2.4.4 cabal sandbox init cabal install --only-dependencies cabal install -fdeveloper
Or the library can be installed via Github repo
git clone git://github.com/m15k/hfuse cd hfuse cabal sandbox init cabal install --only-dependencies cabal install -fdeveloper
To use the sandboxes feature in Cabal your version must be higher than 1.18. highly recommended
To get a feel for HFuse, there are a number of example applications. They can be built by supplying the
-fdeveloper configuration flag to Cabal.
git clone https://github.com/m15k/hfuse
$ mkdir ~/fuseTest $ ./HelloFS ~/fuseTest
This creates a file in the fuseTest directory. Now to test the application.
$ cat ~/fuseTest/hello Hello World, HFuse!
To unmount issue the following command:
$ fusermount -u ~/fuseTest
If you lack for inspiration the FUSE Wiki have amassed quite the list of links to downstream projects.
Help is always welcome. Pull requests are appreciated.
If you run into any problems or bugs, please report the issue on Github
I would like to create the following examples:
- MemoryFS.hs := In-memory file system
- VBoxFS.hs := Mount VirtualBox disks as filesystem
- SSHFS.hs := SSH file system
- Merged patch to correct OSXFUSE library support
- Merged fix for issue #3 (statfs -> statvfs)
- Updated cabal file to be more canonical
Fixed handling of exceptions
- Added documentation
- Added HelloFS example
- Updated dependencies to run on latest base
- Updated cabal for FreeBSD support