Pull configuration information from the ENV http://github.com/tel/env-parser
|Latest on Hackage:||0.0.2.1|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
env-parser is a small library for configuring programs based on information
from the environment. It's goals and design are similar to that of cmdargs
or optparse-applicative@ but aimed at automatically managed programs such as
those that might be run via Heroku or Runit/daemontools.
env-parser intentionally sacrifices power for comprehensibility---the
Parser, implements only
Applicative. This provides
better runtime error messages and automatically generated static help using
parser annotations. It also expresses a principle of simplicity in
configuration: arbitrary uses of
Monad or even
Alternative can lead to
opaque failures prior to a program even beginning to run.
* Interface: solidified the basic interface for building and executing on a
* Interface: introduced new convenience methods for interpreting the
`Errors` and `Analysis` types.
* Documentation: rewrote the README and Haddock documentation to be easier
to understand and provide working examples.
2014-01-18 Joseph Abrahamson <email@example.com>
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: Introduced flexible environment structure designed for multiple implementations for IO and testing.
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: Added dependency search
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: FromEnv parsers for numbers and string types
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Database.hs: Introduced DBConnection type with FromEnv instance
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: Introduced FromEnv for Data.Time types
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Encoded.hs: Added encoded bytestring types
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: Introduced Aeson Value FromEnv instances
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Encoded.hs: Added To/FromJSON instances for Encoded bytestrings
* src/System/Environment/Parser/Internal.hs: Added envParse