What's in this library?
Stateful transducers and streaming-preserving group operations for the folds in Gabriel Gonzalez's foldl package.
When to use this library?
When you want to wrap a stateful decoder over a Fold. An example is decoding UTF-8: the decoder must be stateful because a multi-byte character may have been split across two blocks of bytes.
When you want to tweak the stream of data that arrives into a Fold, but only at certain positions. Stripping whitespace at the beginning of a text stream, for example.
When you want to perform group operations without breaking "streaminess", similar to what pipes-group does.
Why use this library for grouping instead of pipes-group?
Grouping fold-side instead of producer-side has the advantage that, since the results are still Folds, you can combine them using Applicative.
Also, Folds can work with sources other than Producers from pipes.
Grouping fold-side has limitations as well:
You can't perform bracketing operations like "withFile" that span the folding of an entire group. pipes-group allows them.
You have more flexibility in pipes-group to decide how to delimit and fold the next group based on previous results.
Where can I find working examples for this library?
In the examples folder of the repo.
- Removed upper bounds in dependencies.
- Before, splitters always found at least one group, even for empty streams.
Now, no groups are found for empty streams.
- Made some type signatures a bit more strict.
- Eliminated previously deprecated functions and modules.
- Added "sections" splitter.
- Deprecated Control.Foldl.Transduce.Textual
- Deprecated Control.Foldl.Transduce.ByteString.IO
- Added Control.Foldl.Transduce.ByteString
- Added "paragraphs" splitter.
- added split
- deprecated quiesceWith
- added Fallible.
- deprecated splitWhen in favor of break
- deprecated textualSplitWhen in favor of textualBreak
- Added "trip" fold.
- Added Control.Foldl.Transduce.Textual.
- Added module Control.Foldl.Transduce.ByteString.IO, to
avoid having to depend on other packages for simple I/O tasks.
- Added "unit" fold.
- Changed order of parameters for groups' and groupsM'. Hopefully the new one
- It was annoying to use "evenly (transduce ...)" every time. Added new
ToTransductions' typeclass for types that can be converted to an infinite
list of transductions.
- Added ToFold typeclass as well.
- Transducers can now delimit segments in the done function, too.
This was required for transducers like surround to work as splitters.
- Strengthened the constraints on the surround function to Traversable.
- Added dependency on free and monoid-subclasses.
- group functions can now treat each group differently.
- Added ignore, splitAt, splitWhen, splitLast
- removed drop, take... use splitAt, splitWhen + bisect.
- Added bisect, evenly convenience functions.
- Comonad and Extend instances for Transducer
- Added words splitter
- Added take, drop, takeWhile, dropWhile transducers
- Removed the Spliiter type. Now it's transducers for everything!
- generalizeTransducer -> _generalize
- simplifyTransducer -> _simplify
- removed chokepoint and chokepointM
- Added explicit bifunctors dependency.
- Added Transduce', TransduceM' type synonyms.
- Added groups', groupsM'.
- Changed signatures of transduce' and transduceM'.
- generalize' -> generalizeTransducer
- simplify' -> simplifyTransducer
- dropped direct profunctors dependency.