Rename photo image files based on EXIF shoot date http://hub.darcs.net/dino/photoname
|Latest on Hackage:||3.3|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
Rename photo image files based on EXIF shoot date (Haskell)
photoname is a command-line utility for renaming/moving photo image files. The new folder location and naming are determined by the photo shoot date information contained within the file's EXIF tags.
- Download the cabalized source package from Hackage
- epub-tools is available for Arch Linux from the AUR
- Get the source with git:
$ git clone https://github.com/dino-/photoname.git
- If you're just looking, browse the source
And once you have it, building the usual way:
$ stack build $ stack test $ stack clean
Build and install with the included
# ./util/install.hs --prefix=/some/dir
Dino Morelli <email@example.com>
Past Debian 64-bit packaging work was performed by Magnus Therning
A variety of build-related fixes were made
- Switched the build from cabal to stack
- Added hsinstall installation script
- Update copyright year
- Various updates to the cabal file
- Removed ambiguous import of
- Updated to use
Data.Versionto fish the version out of cabal info
- Replaced deprecated ErrorT with ExceptT
- Added pragma for Control.Applicative import
- Updated README and cabal file with current info
- Moved copyright year up to 2015
- Updated test suite to build cleanly (without warnings) and run against modern cabal versions
- Updated cabal file to modern cabal standards. Unit testing is now cabal-driven and we now fully support cabal sdist.
- Fixed a problem where try is no longer available. Now importing Control.Exception to bring it into scope.
- Adjusted usage to explain a change in how we find the EXIF date stamps
- Moved copyright year up to 2012
- New naming scheme that uses date/time only, no serial. This is a BIG change but the old naming scheme is still available.
- Parent directory is now a switch
- Subdirectory path creation of year and day can be suppressed
- User can specify an arbitrary suffix string for the new names
- User can now put switches into a config file
- Problem fixed that had recently come up with the Exif library. Specifically, files with no EXIF data were causing an IO error to be thrown and processing to halt. (thanks to Josh Hoyt)
- Other minor updates to things like copyright info and version number
- No changes in how the software behaves
- Updated build-depends to be explicit about base version requirement
- Minor update to BSD3 copyright notices to bring them up to 2009
- Debian binary package of v2.2 available
- More big changes to the transformers used. No longer using WriterT. Now using ErrorT for error handling.
- Changed to record-style data for the arg parsing.
- Upgraded to build under GHC 6.8.2
- Major internal changes. Now using ReaderT and WriterT
- Changed version numbering scheme to be more conventional. Recent versions of cabal were not amused with the strange version string.
- This project now added to HackageDB
Repairs for a build problem with GHC > 6.6 specifically related to depending on FilePath instead of filepath and now requiring import of Data.Time.Format
- Initial release