bindings for Griffin PowerMate USB https://github.com/ppelleti/powermate
|Latest on Hackage:||1.0|
This package is not currently in any snapshots. If you're interested in using it, we recommend adding it to Stackage Nightly. Doing so will make builds more reliable, and allow stackage.org to host generated Haddocks.
This library is for interfacing the Griffin PowerMate USB with Haskell on Linux. Besides reading events from the PowerMate, you can also control the brightness, pulse speed, and pulse waveform of the built-in LED.
(An earlier version of the library also contained an implementation of the MPD protocol. This was removed, because it wasn't directly related to the PowerMate functionality, and the libmpd library seems to be an alternative which is more complete and better maintained.)
Besides the library, this package includes two example programs,
prints out the events it receives from the PowerMate.
powermate-pulse lets you control the LED pulse speed by
turning the knob, and change the pulse waveform by clicking the knob.
* Now works with GHC 7.2.2 - 8.0.1.
* Added Eq, Ord, Show, and Read instances for Event and Status.
* Added example programs powermate-print and powermate-pulse.
* Added documentation.
* An open PowerMate is now represented by the opaque type 'PowerMate'
instead of 'Handle'. A new function 'closeDevice' exists to close
the opaque 'PowerMate' type.
* Fixed a bug where the PowerMate would get confused and start
dropping button presses if you set the LED.
* Removed extraneous printing to stdout.
* Removed getUSBName and readEventWithSkip; I didn't see the utility
in these functions.
* readEvent no longer returns a Maybe. There was no meaning to
'Nothing' and it just had to be ignored.
* Removed the MPD module. It wasn't directly related to the PowerMate
functionality, and the "libmpd" package seems to be an alternative
which is more complete and better maintained.
0.1 @ Sun Feb 24 16:34:18 UTC 2008
* Initial release.