Configurable Knuth-Liang hyphenation
|Version on this page:||0.8|
|LTS Haskell 20.24:||0.8.2@rev:1|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-06-04:||0.8.2@rev:1|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.8.2@rev:1|
Maintained by Edward A. Kmett
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 0.8
Depends on 6 packages(full list with versions):
Configurable Knuth-Liang hyphenation using the UTF8 encoded hyphenation patterns provided by hyph-utf8
>>> hyphenate english_US "supercalifragilisticexpialadocious" ["su","per","cal","ifrag","ilis","tic","ex","pi","al","ado","cious"]
>>> hyphenate english_US "hyphenation" ["hy","phen","ation"]
>>> hyphenate icelandic "va\240lahei\240avegavinnuverkf\230rageymslusk\250r" ["va\240la","hei\240a","vega","vinnu","verk","f\230ra","geymslu","sk\250r"]
Contributions and bug reports are welcome!
Please feel free to contact me through github or on the #haskell IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
- Per-language default hyphenation minimums
- Correct handling of UTF-8 language definitions, such as Russian.
loadHyphenatornow takes a
Languagerather than the string for its affix.
- Updated language files.
- Added Armenian, Assamese, and Occitan.
- Fix the build with
- Updated Spanish and Thai hyphenation patterns.
- Removed Lao patterns until higher quality patterns are available.
- Updated the licenses associated with many patterns
cabal-doctest. This makes it build with
Cabal-2.0, and makes the
doctests work with
cabal new-buildand sandboxes.
gzipto the internal data files. This shrinks the resulting library and any statically linked executable by about a meg and a half.
- Added support for classic Latin and Georgian. Updated language patterns to match
hyph-utf8version #687 2014-10-13.
- Fixed a typo in .cabal which prevented the
Embedflag from working properly.
- Added support for embedding all of the pattern files into the library as resources by using
cabal install hyphenation -fembed. This is not the default as it inflates the library size by ~3MB and forces all users to pay for all the hyphenation patterns, but it can be useful for users who aim to build standalone applications.
- Removed Farsi. We had no pattern files.
- Added Friulan, Piedmontese, Romansh and Thai language hyphenations.
Trustworthy. It has benign side-effects that cause it to read hyphenation files lazily from the installed
data-dirbut nothing else.