An MPD client library.
|Version on this page:||0.9.1.0|
|LTS Haskell 20.25:||0.10.0.0|
|Stackage Nightly 2022-11-17:||0.10.0.0|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.10.0.0|
Module documentation for 0.9.1.0
libmpd-haskell: a client library for MPD
libmpd-haskell is a pure Haskell client library for MPD, the music playing daemon.
- Latest release on Hackage
git clone git://github.com/vimus/libmpd-haskell.git
With cabal-install, do
cd libmpd-haskell && cabal install
> :set -XOverloadedStrings > import Network.MPD > withMPD $ lsInfo "" Right [LsDirectory "Tool", LsDirectory "Tom Waits",...] > withMPD $ add "Tom Waits/Big Time" Right ["Tom Waits/Big Time/01 - 16 Shells from a Thirty-Ought-Six.mp3",...]
MPD API compliance
Any deviation from the latest version of the MPD protocol reference is a bug.
Submitting bug reports
See our bug tracker. Test cases are highly appreciated.
To submit a patch, use
git format-patch and email the resulting file(s) to
one of the developers or upload it to the bug tracker.
Alternatively you can create your own fork of the GitHub repository and send a pull request.
Well-formatted patches are appreciated. New features should have a test case.
- vimus, an MPD client with vim-like keybindings
- API documentation
- MPD protocol reference
- Using GitHub
- #vimus @ irc.freenode.net
libmpd-haskell is distributed under the MIT license.
See CONTRIBUTORS in the source distribution. Feel free to add yourself to this list if you deem it appropriate to do so.
- Support partition in Network.MPD.Status
- Ignore unknown key-value pairs in Network.MPD.status so that it breaks much less often.
- Port it for newer network library
- New commands:
- Add Mixramp commands
- Support for MPD 0.17
- Support for missing metadata keys.
- Sticker idle events
- Subscription and message events
- New applicative interface which allows combining arbitrary commands into command lists (sol).
- Consistent typing for song positions (sol).
- Command definitions closer to the MPD spec; compound commands
have been moved to
MonadMPD.getHandlehas been removed
- Re-connect and retry on
ResourceVanished(e.g., when the connection times out).
- New commands:
- Use bytestring for wire communication (sol)
- Increased type safety (sol)
- Improved memory usage (sol)
lsinfosupports playlists (nandykins)
idlenow takes a list of subsystems (sol)
currentSongworks when playback is stopped (sol)
- Fixes failure on songs without associated paths (sol)
- hspec based testing added to the test-suite
- More extensive parser testing
MPDErrornow has an
- Lower bound on Cabal bumped to 1.10
- Release connections. Reported by Kanisterschleife on GitHub.
- Some minor internal changes (sol)
- Compatible with GHC 7.4.1
- Several fixes to the test harness (Simon Hengel)
- Fixed issue with the (<$>) operator (Simon Hengel)
- Type safe handling of song IDs (Simon Hengel)
- Check MPD version on connect (now depends on MPD >= 0.15) (Simon Hengel)
- Compatibility with GHC 7.2 (Daniel Wagner)
- Reverted some changes from 0.5.0 that caused problems, most notably the parser improvements have been removed for now.
- Support for GHC 7
- Removed support for building against the deprecated base 3 package
- Added an
- Removed the
- Moved extensions to Network.MPD.Commands.Extensions These might be removed in a later version
- The API is closer to the MPD spec, by untangling functionality
- Better MPD API coverage
- Improved parser implementation, now runs in constant space
- Constructors of the
Subsystemtype have been renamed
- Passwords can be changed using
- The connection handle can be accessed via
- The version of the MPD server is available via
- Added support for connecting via unix sockets
- Only depend on QuickCheck when building the test target
- Fix building test and coverage targets
- New maintainer: Joachim Fasting <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Support QuickCheck 2
- Better MPD api support Should be mostly compatible with mpd 0.16
- Separated operations on current playlist from those on specific playlists
- Fixed password sending
- Several minor fixes and cleanups
- Now reconnects if MPD closes the connection.
- UTF-8 support (now depends on utf8-string package).
- Fixed corruption by
showof command parameters.
- Tidied up
- Moved StringConn out of Network.MPD to the tests directory.
- Cleaned up libmpd.cabal.
- A connection stub for testing purposes.
- QuickCheck tests for parsing.
- Partial unit test coverage.
- Many bug fixes.
- Precise error handling.
- Parsing improvements.
- Code coverage generation.
- Cabal 1.2 support.
- Uniform command names.
- Changed name to libmpd.
- Missing files added to the source distribution.
- Initial public release.