Ed25519 cryptographic signatures
|Version on this page:||0.0.5.0@rev:2|
|LTS Haskell 20.23:||0.0.5.0@rev:7|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-06-04:||0.0.5.0@rev:7|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.0.5.0@rev:7|
Maintained by Austin Seipp
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 0.0.5.0
Minimal package for ed25519 signatures
This package implements minimal bindings to the ed25519 signature scheme. It’s designed to be small, with no dependencies, and fast. It also comes with extensive guidelines and detailed documentation. It should be relatively easy to both depend on directly with Cabal or even copy into any projects that need it directly.
For full details (including notes on the underlying implementation), check out the docs.
It’s just a
cabal install away on Hackage:
$ cabal install ed25519
Be sure to read the contributing guidelines. File bugs in the GitHub issue tracker.
Master git repository:
git clone https://github.com/thoughtpolice/hs-ed25519.git
There’s also a BitBucket mirror:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/thoughtpolice/hs-ed25519.git
MIT. See LICENSE.txt for terms of copyright and redistribution.
- Added doctests and crash course introduction.
- Fixed some bugs in the test harnesses.
- Fixed some
- Minor touchups elsewhere.
Crypto.Sign.Ed25519is now marked
- There is now a
Signatureon GHC 7.2 and above.
createKeypairFromSeeddue to unsafety.
createKeypairFromSeed_instead, which will return a
verify'for bad naming
- Improve benchmarks.
- Huge overhaul to documentation, including design and implementation notes.
- Tighten dependencies everywhere for cleaner builds.
- Fix old code (including compatibility with newer
- New API:
toPublicKey :: SecretKey -> PublicKey
- Used to derive the public key for a given secret key
- New API:
createKeypairFromSeed :: ByteString -> (PublicKey, SecretKey)
- Used to create a deterministic Ed25519 keypair from a 32-byte seed.
- For GHC 7.2 and above, both
SecretKeyare now instances of
- Improved documentation.
- Various cleanups and some fixes in the tests and benchmarks.
- Portability improvements.
- Initial release.