A lightweight readline-replacement library for Haskell
|Version on this page:||0.3.1|
|LTS Haskell 20.24:||0.3.2|
|Stackage Nightly 2022-11-17:||0.3.2|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.3.2|
Maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 0.3.1
Depends on 7 packages(full list with versions):
Used by 2 packages in lts-15.3(full list with versions):
A lightweight readline-replacement library for Haskell based on the
linenoise library. (Not production ready!)
See the demo app for usage, or see the climb library for higher-level building blocks for GHCi-like REPLs with colon-commands.
Differences from alternatives
- This uses FFI to a minimal C library vs pure Haskell
- This uses standard MTL/Unlift typeclasses vs custom ones.
- This does not require the use of a specific monad transformer.
- This offers a
MonadIO/MonadUnliftIOinterface vs raw
- This vendors and statically links its underlying library to simplify the build process.
- This offers a
License and attribution
This library includes the source code and license for
It is a fork of an older library with all licensing and
This project uses
stack to build.
Makefile has a bunch of relevant phony targets for a development workflow including
build- Build the library and demo
download- Update vendored
demo- Run the demo app
deps- Install dev tools
lint- Lint with
format- Format with
docs- Generate docs
In addition, there are targets starting with
ci that are invoked in various CI phases.
- Support unicode (may involve vendoring a
- Verify that the FFI modifications for