The premise of
basic-prelude is that there are a lot of very commonly desired
features missing from the standard
Prelude, such as commonly used operators
>=>, for instance) and imports for common datatypes (e.g.,
Vector). At the same time, there are lots of other
components which are more debatable, such as providing polymorphic versions of
basic-prelude is intended to give a common foundation for a number of
alternate preludes. The package provides two modules:
the common ground for other preludes to build on top of, while
CorePrelude together with commonly used list functions to provide a
drop-in replacement for the standard
Users wishing to have an improved
Prelude can use
wishing to create a new prelude should use
- Export applicative version of Foldable and Traversable functions #72
- Generalize all IO functions to MonadIO #75
- Remove nonexistent
- Remove the
lifted-basedependency. This means that
BasicPreludeno longer expose any exception handling functions. This is intentional: the new recommendations from this library are to use an async-exception-aware exception handling library, either safe-exceptions or unliftio.
Showtypeclass, and rename current
empty(so it can be replaced with
- Expose more Foldable/Traversable stuff
- Drop system-filepath
- Export converters between FilePath <-> Text, String. #56
- Moved a number of exports from @BasicPrelude@ to @CorePrelude@ and vice-versa.
CorePreludeand added a new @BasicPrelude@ module provided a full-featured
Preludealternative. Also added a number of new exports.
- Initial version, code taken from @classy-prelude@ with a few minor tweaks.