Module documentation for 0.24.5
Foundation for libraries generated by haskell-gi
- Add a workaround for old hsc2hs versions, so drop the constraint on hsc2hs.
- Require hsc2hs version 0.68.6 or higher
- Provide type init functions for GParamSpec types.
- Support for allocating
- Support for non-GObject objects. As part of this work the GObject hierarchy has been slightly reworked. The main change is that ‘gobjectType’ has now become glibType (part of the TypedObject typeclass).
- Reinstate the new’ method.
- Fix a memory allocation error in GClosure that could lead to crashes.
Require base >= 0.4.9 (GHC version >= 8.0), so that we can use TypeApplications.
Make GClosure a primitive type, and make it depend on a phantom parameter to increase type safety.
- Add releaseObject, a function useful for manually releasing memory associated to GObjects.
- Add support for callback-valued properties.
- Fix a compilation error on Windows, see issue 193.
- Export newManagedPtr_.
- Remove the
AttrOp, since they cannot really be used for anything, as they are pure functions.
- New release to keep major version parity with the
haskell-gipackage, no changes otherwise.
- Fix a bug which could lead to crashes when releasing boxed objects, see issue #130.
- Fix a memory leak in doConstructGObject.
- Use g_object_new_with_properties instead of g_object_newv in GLib versions 2.54 or later, to avoid a deprecation warning.
- Run object finalizers in the main loop. The reason is that for some types the destructor is not thread safe, and assumes that it is being run from the same thread as the thread that created the object, which can lead to crashes when using the threaded runtime.
- Fixes for GHC 8.2.1 (and the corresponding
- Fix fromGVariant for empty arrays, see #91 for details.
Add Data.GI.Base.CallStack, abstracting (and backporting to the extent possible) the
HasCallStackconstraint present in newer GHCs. Using this, we now include callstacks pervasively in the generated code.
nulltoNothing, it is better to simply fix the overrides when necessary.
Make the semantics of GObject ownership transfer closer to those used by the Python bindings.