Scalpel core provides a subset of the scalpel web scraping library that is intended to have lightweight dependencies and to be free of all non-Haskell dependencies.
Notably this package does not contain any networking support. Users who desire a
batteries include solution should depend on
scalpel which does include
networking support instead of
More thorough documentation including example code can be found in the documentation of the scalpel package.
scalpelinto two packages:
scalpel-core. The latter does not provide networking support and does not depend on curl.
- Add the
chroottricks (#23 and #25) to README.md and added examples.
- Fix backtracking that occurs when using
- Fix bug where the same tag may appear in the result set multiple times.
- Performance optimizations when using the (//) operator.
- Make Scraper an instance of MonadFail. Practically this means that failed
pattern matches in
<-expressions within a do block will evaluate to mzero instead of throwing an error and bringing down the entire script.
- Pluralized scrapers will now return the empty list instead mzero when there are no matches.
- Add the
positionscraper which provides the index of the current sub-tree within the context of a
- Added the
- Added the
matchfunction which allows for the creation of arbitrary attribute predicates.
- Fixed build breakage with GHC 8.0.1.
Make tag and attribute matching case-insensitive.
- Added benchmarks and many optimizations.
selectmethod is removed from the public API.
- Many methods now have a constraint that the string type parametrizing TagSoup's tag type now must be order-able.
scrapeUrlWithConfigthat will hopefully put an end to multiplying
- The default behaviour of the
scrapeUrl*methods is to attempt to infer the character encoding from the
Cleanup stale instance references in documentation of TagName and AttributeName.
Made Scraper an instance of MonadPlus.
Fixed examples in documentation and added an examples folder for ready to compile examples. Added travis tests to ensures that examples remain compilable.
Removed the StringLike parameter from the Selector, Selectable, AttributePredicate, AttributeName, and TagName types. Instead they are now agnostic to the underlying string type, and are only constructable with Strings and the Any type.
Tighten dependencies and drop download-curl all together.
Add the html and html scraper primitives for extracting raw HTML.
- Make scrapeURL follow redirects by default.
- Expose a new function scrapeURLWithOpts that takes a list of curl options.
- Fix bug (#2) where image tags that do not have a trailing "/" are not selectable.
Tighten dependencies on download-curl.
- First version!