ED-E is a templating language written in Haskell with a specific set of features:
- Logicless (within reason): A small set of consistent predicates and expressions for formatting and presentational logic are provided.
- Secure: No arbitrary code evaluation, with input data required to be fully specified at render time.
- Stateless: Parsing and rendering are separate steps so that loading, parsing, include resolution, and embedding of the compiled template can optionally be done ahead of time, amortising cost.
- Markup agnostic: ED-E is used to write out everything from configuration files for system services, to HTML and formatted emails.
- Control over purity: Users can choose pure or IO-based resolution of
- No surprises: All parsing, type assurances, and rendering steps report helpful error messages with line/column metadata. Variable shadowing, unprintable expressions, implicit type coercion, and unbound variable access are all treated as errors errors.
Please see the documentation for more information.
For any problems, comments or feedback please create an issue here on GitHub.
ED-E is released under the Mozilla Public License Version 2.0