We provide a library and an executable for working with derived
instances. By using the library, we can parse derived
Show instances into a
generic data structure. The
ppsh tool uses the library to produce
human-readable versions of
Show instances, which can be quite handy for
debugging Haskell programs. We can also render complex generic values into
an interactive Html page, for easier examination.
* Add a `PrettyVal` instance for `Data.Fixed`
Changes in 1.9.4
* Fix issue #35
Changes in 1.9.3
* Fix issue #34
Changes in 1.9.2
* Allow VARSYM as infix constructors
Changes in 1.9.1
* Allow keywords as the name of constructors
Changes in 1.9
* Add support for pre-processing values before printing.
In particular, we add a pre-processor which will hide some constructors
from the output.
Changes in 1.8.2
* Switch to using version 3.3.1 of jquery (jquery 1 seems to be long gone)
Changes in 1.8
* Rejigger the rendering of unusal values, to improve the rendering of datres.
- a sequence of values with negative numbers is turned into an infix con
- change the association when sequences meet infix things
Changes in 1.7
* Add a dependency on package Text
- Adds an instance for `PrettyVal Text`
- Paves the road for using `Text` in the representation of values.
Changes in 1.6.16
* Fixes to accomodate GHC 8.4
Changes in 1.6.13
* Parse things like <function> and <Function> as constructors
Changes in 1.6.12
* Treat reserved operators as infix constructors (best effort kind of thing)
Changes in 1.6.11
* Add `pPrint`, which is `putStrLn . ppShow`
Changes in 1.6.10
* Increase the precedence of unary minus
Changes in 1.6.9
* Relax parsing of atoms, so that we can support things like the show
instance of StdGen (e.g., [ 123 45, 786 10 ])
Changes in 126.96.36.199:
* Correct license in srouce files.
Changes in 188.8.131.52:
* Correct the 'License' field in the Cabal file to match the license (MIT)
Changes in 1.6.8:
* Move source-repository pragma to top-level.
Changes in 1.6.5:
* Rename CHANGES to CHANGELOG to work with hackage.
Changes in 1.6.4:
* Drop dependency on happy >= 1.19
Changes in 1.6.3:
* Add Safe Haskell annotations
* Add CHANGES file
* Add generated parser to package again. We do this, because otherwise
the package fails to build on systems that do not have `happy`.
This is a bit questionable, but hopefully it won't be too much of