mysql: bindings to the mysqlclient library
This library is a Haskell binding to the MySQL
library. It is a fairly faithful, low level library that implements
most of the MySQL client API. The major departure from the C API is
that in Haskell, resource management is mostly automatic and safe.
This library deliberately avoids the question of providing a "good" API. Its purpose is to serve as a base upon which higher-level libraries can be built.
This library is BSD-licensed under the terms of the MySQL FOSS License Exception.
Since this library links against the GPL-licensed
library, a non-open-source application that uses it may be subject
to the terms of the GPL.
Add support for prepared statements. The prepared statement API is huge and of dubious performance value, so it's not currently a priority for us. Patches welcome!
We are happy to receive bug reports, fixes, documentation enhancements, and other improvements.
Please report bugs via the github issue tracker.
Master git repository:
git clone git://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql.git
This library was written by Bryan O'Sullivan, , to whom all of the credit is due. It is now being maintained by Paul Rouse, .
- Add Semigroup instance for FieldFlags
- Fix some warnings
- Drop testing under GHC 7.8 / lts-2
Expose mysqlthreadend() as
- Safer concurrency - see https://ro-che.info/articles/2015-04-17-safe-concurrent-mysql-haskell
- Better support for building against MariaDB (not well tested).
- Additional C binding: mysqlgetserver_version().
Fix bystestring-valued connectOptions sometimes not being null terminated at the correct place (avoid unsafeUseAsCString).
- Fix setup for cabal 1.24
- New maintainer and GitHub location - with many thanks to Bryan O'Sullivan for all of the past work on this module, and for facilitating the transfer of maintenance responsibility.