Naqsha is a Haskell library to work with geospatial data types. The goal of this library is to provide fast and high level access to various operations in the geospatial setting like distance calculations, azimuth etc. Due to the very nature of the geometry on the surface of the globe, many of these basic tasks have multiple algorithms based on criteria like speed of computation and accuracy. We would like to provide all such algorithms in this package.
The word naqsha, or more accurately naqshA (नक़्शा), means a map or a sketch.
Copyright 2016 Piyush P Kurur
The library is licensed under
- Apache License, Version 2.0 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- BSD 3-Clause license https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause
You may not use this software except in compliance with one of the above Licenses (at your option).
SPDX-License-Identifier: (Apache-2.0 OR BSD-3-Clause)
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under these Licenses is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. For the exact terms and conditions see the accompanying LICENSE file.
Change log for naqsha
[0.3.0.1] - 18 July 2019
- expose modules from the main library module.
[0.3.0.0] - 28 June 2019
- moved to a multi-library package.
- license change from BSD-3-Clause to (Apache-2.0 OR BSD-3-Clause) dual licensing.
- tweaks to make it work with base 4.11.
0.2.0.1 - 24 July, 2017
- minor tweaks to make it build with older ghc (i.e. pre-“Monoids and Applicatives in Prelude)
0.2.0.0 - 22 July, 2017
- Overall change in module structure.
- Naqsha.Position becomes Naqsha.Geometry.Coordinate
- Support for geohash
0.1.0.0 - 6th May, 2017
Very first release of naqsha.
Basic Geo types, Angles, Latitudes and Longitudes
Haversine distance calculation.