Module documentation for 3.0.4
This version can be pinned in stack with:
A thread-safe DNS library for both clients and servers written in pure Haskell.
- Drop unexpected UDP answers #112
- Supporting conduit 1.3 #105
- Supporting GHC 8.4 with semigroup hack.
- Supporting GHC 7.8 again.
- The version introduces some breaking changes internally. But upper layer APIs in the
Lookupmodule remain the same.
- Breaking change:
ResourceRecordis not a sum type anymore. It holds only normal RRs. For EDNS0, a new scheme is implemented. #63
- Breaking change: the
Decodemodules use strict ByteString instead of lazy one. #59
- Default DNS servers are detected automatically on Windows if
RCFilePathis used. Use vanilla
defaultResolvConfon Windows! #83
- Multiple DNS servers can be used. You can choose either sequential lookup or concurrent lookup. See
- EDNS0 queries are used by default. #95
lookupSOAis defined. #93
- Cache mechanism is provided. See
- Some constructors such as ANY are added in the
- Some bug fixes and code clean-up.
- Testing with AppVeyor.
- Detecting a default DNS server on Windows.
- Fixing sendAll on Windows #72
- Fixing Windows build again
- Fixing the StateBinary.get32 parser #57
- Removing bytestring-builder dependency #61
- Fixing Windows build #62
- Cleaning up the code. #47
- Implemented TCP fallback after a truncated UDP response. #46
- Better handling of encoding and decoding the “root” domain “.”. #45
- Add length checks for A and AAAA records. #43
- Supporting DNS-SEC AD (authenticated data). #38
- Removing the dependency to blaze-builder.
- Renaming a variable to fix preprocessor conflicts #37
- Handle invalid opcodes gracefully. #36
- Providing a new API: decodeMany.
- Updating document.
- DNSMessage is now monomorphic
- RDATA is now monomorphic
- Removed traversal instance for DNSMessage
- EDNS0 encoding/decoding is now supported
- Removed dnsMapWithType and dnsTraverseWithType functions
- responseA and responseAAAA now take lists of IP addresses as their arguments
- DNSHeader type no longer has qdCount, anCount, nsCount, and arCount fields