A mid-level MySQL client library.
|Version on this page:||0.4.5|
|LTS Haskell 20.25:||0.4.9|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-06-10:||0.4.9|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.4.9|
Module documentation for 0.4.5
mysql-simple: mid-level bindings to the mysqlclient library
This library is a mid-level Haskell binding to the MySQL
client library. It is aimed at speed and ease of use.
This library is BSD-licensed under the terms of the MySQL FOSS License Exception.
Since this library links against the GPL-licensed
library, a non-open-source application that uses it may be subject
to the terms of the GPL.
- Add support for prepared statements. This API is huge and of dubious performance worth, so it’s not currently a priority for me. Patches welcome!
We are happy to receive bug reports, fixes, documentation enhancements, and other improvements.
Please report bugs via the github issue tracker.
Master git repository:
git clone git://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple.git
This library was written by Bryan O’Sullivan, firstname.lastname@example.org, to whom all of the credit is due. It is now being maintained by Paul Rouse, email@example.com.
- Add Semigroup instance for Query
- Add a
(Param a) => Param (In (Set a))instance.
- Drop testing under GHC 7.8 / lts-2
- Report table name and database in the UnexpectedNull case of ResultError, using the previously empty errMessage field
- Use Data.Time.Format to parse TimeOfDay results properly (missing in https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/pull/37).
- Handle fractional seconds in parameter substitution (without affecting cases where only whole seconds are used). https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/pull/40
- Add missing tuple instances of QueryResults (https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/issues/9)
error "foo"left in code (https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/issues/39)
- Allow fractional seconds in to be parsed in date/time results https://github.com/paul-rouse/mysql-simple/pull/37
- Add type VaArgs for non-parenthesized variable-length list of parameters.
- Include fieldName in other constructors of ResultError.
- New maintainer and GitHub location - with many thanks to Bryan O’Sullivan for all of the past work on this module, and for facilitating the transfer of maintenance responsibility.
- Extra instances of QueryParams for larger tuples.
- Include fieldName in ResultError in the case of the Incompatible constructor.
The changes to ResultError and QueryParams were previously unreleased, although present in the GitHub repository. They are the reason for the major version bump.