RFC 4648-compliant Base16 encodings for ByteStrings
|LTS Haskell 20.15:||126.96.36.199|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-03-23:||188.8.131.52|
|Latest on Hackage:||184.108.40.206|
Maintained by Herbert Valerio Riedel, Mikhail Glushenkov, Emily Pillmore
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 220.127.116.11
Depends on 2 packages(full list with versions):
Used by 29 packages in lts-18.28(full list with versions):
avro, binary-tagged, cabal-plan, casa-client, casa-types, clash-lib, dns, elynx-tools, github-webhooks, hackage-security, hie-bios, hOpenPGP, hopenpgp-tools, http2, mime-mail-ses, mongoDB, mysql-simple, opaleye, protocol-buffers, pusher-http-haskell, resolv, secp256k1-haskell, smtp-mail, structured, text-conversions, wai-middleware-static, wordpress-auth, wreq, yesod-auth
Fast base16 support
Please refer to the package description on Hackage for more information.
This package provides a Haskell library for working with base16-encoded
data quickly and efficiently, using the
Please report bugs via the GitHub issue tracker.
Master Git repository:
git clone git://github.com/haskell/base16-bytestring.git
This library is written by Bryan O’Sullivan.
It is currently maintained by Emily Pillmore, Herbert Valerio Riedel and Mikhail Glushenkov.
- Support sized primitive types in GHC 9.2 (#16 - thanks Bodigrim!)
- Backwards-compatible support for
bytestring ^>= 0.11(#15)
- Merged omnibus PR doing a variety of things in (#10):
- Improves performance by 3-4x for encode, 4-5x for decode.
decodesignature returning the tuple and actually returns an error message with offset. The signature will now be
ByteString -> Either String ByteString.
- Actually tests using the test vectors defined in the RFC, and uses property tests to ensure invariants hold.
- Adds lenient decoders to the API
-XTrustworthyannotations to the relevant exposed modules
- Rewrites the haddocks to be more up to date and fancy-styled.
- Adds benchmarks to the
.cabalfile so they can be run at toplevel, and make them better.
- Bumps the Cabal version to 1.12
Because of the breadth of this change, we are calling this a new epoch for the
base16-bytestring library. Hence, the version
- Fix some bugs in lazy decoding (#8).
- Changelog not recorded up to this version.