Sharing code for serialization between binary and cereal
|Version on this page:||0.17.1@rev:3|
|LTS Haskell 20.24:||0.17.2@rev:1|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-06-08:||0.17.2@rev:1|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.17.2@rev:1|
Maintained by Edward A. Kmett
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 0.17.1
Depends on 15 packages(full list with versions):
Used by 8 packages in lts-18.28(full list with versions):
This package provides a simple compatibility shim that lets you work with both
cereal with one chunk of serialization code.
Contributions and bug reports are welcome!
Please feel free to contact me through github or on the #haskell IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.
- The build-type has been changed from
Simple. To achieve this, the
docteststest suite has been removed in favor of using
cabal-docspecto run the doctests.
- Provide the
Serial Naturalinstance unconditionally.
- Allow building with
MonadGet ma superclass of
forall a b. Coercible a b => Coercible (m a) (m b)when built against GHC 8.6 or later. This allows
Serialinstances to be derived using
DerivingViawhen using in tandem with
- Support GHC-8.8.
MonadFailas a superclass.
- Use a significantly simpler
- Support GHC 8.2
cabal-doctest. This makes it build with
Cabal-2.0, and makes the
doctests work with
cabal new-buildand sandboxes.
- Support ghc 8
Data.Bytes.Putas we now can sometimes infer
cerealbound for 0.5.0.0
- Add instance
- Updated github URLs in the .cabal file.
- We now compile without warnings on GHC 7.10.
- Fixed a serious bug in the semantics of generic
Serial1generation for the recursive case and improved
void0.7 / GHC 7.10
- Lots of new instances
textbound bump to allow 1.1.
- Bumped dependency on
textto support 1.0
- Fixed an issue caused by deserializing illegal maps.
- Fixed issue #7, permitting the doctests to function against bytestring 0.9
- Fixed issue #6 with regards to the test harness performance.
- Fixed the doctests from 0.11.2
binaryversion for issue #5.
- Liberalized containers dependency to allow
containersversions all the way back to 0.3 for stackage purposes
- Switched to <stdint.h> to get more portable size correctness.
- Fixed typo in
cbits/i2d.cthat was causing a linking error.
- Changed all of the byte orders to big-endian by default except for
Int, which are variable sized.
- Added proper support for
lookAheadE, thanks to the return of
Remaining, and removed the
uncheckedLookAheadfunction, as it is no longer supported downstream.
- Added a missing () instance
Serial2and various missing
- Repository initialized