Module documentation for 0.8.0.2
Text-ICU: Comprehensive support for string manipulation
This package provides the Data.Text.ICU library, for performing complex manipulation of Unicode text. It provides features such as the following:
Conversion to and from many common and obscure encodings
Date and number formatting
Comparison and collation
This library is implemented as bindings to the well-respected ICU library (which is not bundled, and must be installed separately).
brew install icu4c brew link icu4c --force
You might need:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install libicu-dev
sudo dnf install unzip libicu-devel
nix-shell --packages icu
ICU can be installed via
pacman --noconfirm -S mingw-w64-x86_64-icu
Depending on the age of the MSYS2 installation, the keyring might need
to be updated to avoid certification issues, and
need to be added. In this case, do this first:
pacman --noconfirm -Sy msys2-keyring pacman --noconfirm -S mingw-w64-x86_64-pkg-config
stack on Windows, which comes with its own bundled MSYS2, the
following commands give up-to-date system dependencies for
text-icu-0.8.0 (tested 2022-02-07):
stack exec -- pacman --noconfirm -Sy msys2-keyring stack exec -- pacman --noconfirm -S mingw-w64-x86_64-icu stack exec -- pacman --noconfirm -S mingw-w64-x86_64-pkg-config
Upstream ICU occasionally introduces backwards-incompatible API breaks. This package tries to stay up to date with upstream, and is currently more or less in sync with ICU 70.
Minimum required version is ICU 62.
Please report bugs via the github issue tracker.
This library was written by Bryan O’Sullivan.
- Support for creating a collator from custom rules (#76)
- Restore build with GHC 7.10 - 8.8 (#61)
- New CI for Linux, macOS and Windows (#63, #64, #66, #69)
- Support for text-2.0 (#57)
- Support for ICU 69 and new features (#55)
- Add lib/include dirs for newer homebrew (#54)
- basic number formatting added (#46)
- Declare pkg-config dependencies (#43)
- Added support for arabic shaping and BiDi (#41)
- Include icuio lib (#36)
- Character Set Detection (#27)
- Add fix for undefined TRUE value in cbits (#52)
- Improve CI and documentation (#20)
Thanks to everyone who contributed!
Built and tested against ICU 53.
The isoComment function has been deprecated, and will be removed in the next major release.
The Collator type is no longer an instance of Eq, as this functionality has been removed from ICU 53.
Many NFData instances have been added.