Module documentation for 0.14.0.6
Snap is a web framework for Haskell, based on iteratee I/O (as popularized by
Oleg Kiselyov). For more
information about Snap, read the
README.SNAP.md or visit the Snap project
website at http://www.snapframework.com/.
This is top-level project for the Snap Framework, which contains:
a command-line utility for creating initial Snap applications
a library allowing Snap applications to recompile actions on the fly in development mode, with no performance loss in production mode.
a “snaplet” API allowing web applications to be build from composable pieces.
snap toplevel directory.
Building the Haddock Documentation
The haddock documentation can be built using ‘cabal haddock’.
The docs get put in
Building the testsuite
To build the test suite,
cd into the
test/ directory and run
$ cabal configure $ cabal build
From here you can invoke the testsuite by running:
The testsuite generates an
hpc test coverage report in
Roadmap to Understanding Snaplets
- Read Tutorial.lhs which is in
- Generate and read the haddock docs.
- The test code has the nice property that it actually functions as a pretty good example app and covers a lot of the use cases.
- If you’re interested in the implementation, read design.md.
- Eliminate unnecessary dependency on syb
- Allow lens-4.8
- Remove re-export of Control.Lens.Loupe, since it was removed upstream.
- Remove re-exports of other non-snap modules in Snap.