This library provides Haskell bindings to LevelDB
Note: as of version 1.3, LevelDB can be built as a shared library. Thus, as of version 0.1.0 of this library, LevelDB is no longer bundled and must be installed on the target system.
To install the latest version from hackage:
$ cabal install leveldb-haskell
To install from checked-out source:
$ cabal install
This library is in very early stage and has seen very limited testing. Comments and contributions are welcome.
Bugs and Contributing
Please report issues via http://github.com/kim/leveldb-haskell/issues.
Patches are best submitted as pull requests, or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
BSD 3, see LICENSE file.
* Relaxed constraints in `MonadResource` module
* Expose `compactRange`
* Slices include the end element (justifies version bump)
* Large parts of the Data.API implemented. This is now completely overdone
* Remove `close` from public API
* Deprecate `close`
* New streaming interface (experimental)
* Deprecate `mapIter`, `iterItems`, `iterKeys`, `iterValues`
* ResourceT is no longer compulsory
* requires LevelDB v1.7
* support for filter policy (LevelDB v1.5), either custom or using the built-in
bloom filter implementation
* write batch values no longer require a `memcpy` to be early-finalizer-safe
(introduced in 0.1.1)
* memory (foreign pointers) is managed through
[ResourceT](http://hackage.haskell.org/package/resourcet). Note that this
requires to lift monadic actions inside the `MonadResource` monad, see the
* links against shared library (LevelDB v1.3 or higher)
* LevelDB 1.3 API fully supported (including custom comparators, excluding
* experimental releases