Module documentation for 1.14.1
This is hledger's web interface. It provides a more user-friendly and collaborative UI than the command-line or curses-style interfaces.
hledger is a cross-platform program for tracking money, time, or any other commodity, using double-entry accounting and a simple, editable file format. It is inspired by and largely compatible with ledger(1). hledger provides command-line, curses and web interfaces, and aims to be a reliable, practical tool for daily use.
User-visible changes in hledger-web. See also the hledger changelog.
/accounts JSON: return all accounts, not just top-level ones (#985) Accounts are returned as a flat list, in tree order, with asubs fields empty.
use hledger 1.14.2
serve the same JSON-providing routes as in hledger-api:
/accountnames /transactions /prices /commodities /accounts /accounttransactions/ACCT
And allow adding a new transaction by PUT’ing JSON (similar to the output of /transactions) to /add. This requires the
addcapability (which is enabled by default). Here’s how to test with curl:
$ curl -s http://127.0.0.1:5000/add -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary @in.json; echo
fix unbalanced transaction prevention in the add form
fix transaction-showing tooltips (#927)
manual updates: document –capabilities/–capabilities-header and editing/uploading/downloading.
use hledger 1.14
- use hledger 1.13
fix duplicate package.yaml keys warned about by hpack
use hledger 1.12
- use hledger 1.11.1
- use hledger 1.11
multiple -f options, and –auto, work again
view, add, edit permissions can be set at CLI or by Sandstorm HTTP header
the edit form has been revived, for whole-journal editing
the journal can now be uploaded and downloaded
the e key toggles empty accounts in the sidebar
use hledger-lib 1.10
- use hledger-lib 1.9.1
- fix compilation with yesod < 1.6
support ghc 8.4, latest deps
when the system text encoding is UTF-8, ignore any UTF-8 BOM prefix found when reading files
-E/–empty toggles zeroes at startup (with opposite default to cli)
add form account fields now suggest implied and declared account names also
add form date field now uses a datepicker (Eli Flanagan)
don’t write a session file at startup, don’t require a writable working directory
support -V/–value, –forecast, –auto
remove upper bounds on all but hledger* and base (experimental)
a @FILE argument reads flags & args from FILE, one per line
enable –pivot and –anon options, like hledger CLI (#474) (Jakub Zárybnický)
web: Make “Add transaction” button tabbable (#430) (Jakub Zárybnický)
accept -NUM as a shortcut for –depth NUM
deps: drop oldtime flag, require time 1.5+, remove ghc < 7.6 support
- remove unnecessary bound to satisfy hackage server
allow megaparsec 6 (#594, Simon Michael, Hans-Peter Deifel)
allow megaparsec-6.1 (Hans-Peter Deifel)
restore upper bounds on hledger packages
Depends on hledger[-lib] 1.3, see related changelogs.
Accounts with ? in name had empty registers (fixes #498) (Bryan Richter)
Allow megaparsec 5.2 (fixes #503)
add –host option (#429)
This came up in the context of Docker, but it seems it wasn’t possible for hledger-web to serve remote clients directly (without a proxy) because of 127.0.0.1 being hardcoded. That can now be changed with –host=IPADDR. Also, the default base url uses this address rather than a hard-coded “localhost”.
rename –server to –serve
The –server flag sounded too close in meaning to –host so I’ve renamed it to –serve. The old spelling is still accepted, but deprecated and will be removed in the next release.
- allow megaparsec 5.0 or 5.1
use full width on large screens, hide sidebar on small screens, more standard bootstrap styling (#418, #422) (Dominik Süß)
show the sidebar by default (#310)
fix the add link’s tooltip
when the add form opens, focus the first field (#338)
leave the add form’s date field blank, avoiding a problem with tab clearing it (#322)
use transaction id instead of date in transaction urls (#308) (Thomas R. Koll)
after following a link to a transaction, highlight it (Thomas R. Koll)
misc. HTML/CSS/file cleanups/fixes (Thomas R. Koll)
startup is more robust (#226).
Now we exit if something is already using the specified port, and we don’t open a browser page before the app is ready.
termination is more robust, avoiding stray background threads.
We terminate the server thread more carefully on exit, eg on control-C in GHCI.
more robust register dates and filtering in some situations (see hledger-ui notes)
reloading the journal preserves options, arguments in effect (#314).
The initial query specified by command line arguments is now preserved when the journal is reloaded. This does not appear in the web UI, it’s like an invisible extra filter.
show a proper not found page on 404
document the special `inacct:` query (#390)
Fix keyboard shortcut for adding a transaction (Carlos Lopez-Camey)
Clear the form when clicking ‘Add a transaction’ (just like the shortcut) (Carlos Lopez-Camey)
Disallow -f- (reading from standard input) which currently doesn’t work (#202)
Fix broken links when using –base-url (#235)
Fix the –file-url option (#285)
Show fewer “other accounts” in the account register: to reduce clutter in the “other accounts” field, if there are both real and virtual postings to other accounts, show only the accounts posted to by real postings.
- make the j keybinding respect –base-url (fixes #271)
- respect command line options (fixes #225)
- include the unminified jquery source again (#161)
- fix build breakage from #165 (fixes #268)
- fix a js error breaking add form in browsers other than firefox (#251, Carlos Lopez-Camey email@example.com)
- drop deprecated network-conduit dependency
GHC 7.10 compatibility (#239)
fix the add form when there are included files (#234)
NB to make this work, the add form now shows the full file path of the main and included journal files.
improve add form validation (#223, #234)
All add form errors are displayed as form errors, not internal server errors, and when there are errors the add form is redisplayed (form inputs are not preserved, currently).
keep the add button right-aligned when pressing ctrl - on the add form
- add missing modules to fix cabal tests (#232)
- fix: add missing hs/js files to package
- the web UI has been streamlined, dropping the raw and entries views and the edit form
- the help dialog has been improved
- keyboard shortcuts are now available
- the sidebar can be toggled open or closed (press s)
- layout tweaks for less truncation of descriptions and account names
- fix: don’t show all zero amounts when searching by account within an account register view
- chart improvements: show zero balances with correct commodity; show accurate balance at all dates; show transaction events & tooltips; show zero/today lines & background colors
- parses data more strictly and gives better errors (eg #194)
- allows any number of postings, not just two
- after adding a transaction, goes back to the journal
- keyboard shortcut (a) allows quick access
- allow warp 3*, wai-handler-launch 3*
- require yesod 1.4* (fixes #212)
- js updated (jquery, bootstrap, flot), added (typeahead, cookie, hotkeys), removed (select2)
- remove warp, wai-handler-launch upper bounds (fixes #205)
- depend on latest hledger
- depend on latest hledger
- The –static-root flag has been renamed to –file-url.
- hledger-web now builds with Cabal’s default -O, not -O2, so may be a little quicker/less memory-hungry to install.
- allow shakespeare 2.* (#179)
- add Peter Simons’ patch fixing Data.Conduit.Network HostIPv4 error (#171)
- depend on hledger[-lib] 0.22.2
- allow http-client 0.3.*, fixing cabal install again with GHC <= 7.6 (not yet 7.8)
- use pretty-show only with GHC 7.4+, fixing GHC 7.2 (fixes #155)
- allow warp 2.1, fixing cabal install
- Fix: include the right unminified version of jquery.url.js (1.1) to avoid js breakage
- Fix: version number reported by –version
- new option –static-root to set the base url for static files
- allow blaze-html 0.7 (#159)
- Fix: work around clang-related build failures with OS X mavericks/XCode 5
0.22.1 (2014/1/6) and older
See http://hledger.org/release-notes or doc/RELNOTES.md.