Module documentation for 1.25
A simple web-based user interface for the hledger accounting system, providing a more modern UI than the command-line or terminal interfaces. It can be used as a local single-user UI, or as a multi-user UI for viewing/adding/editing on the web.
User-visible changes in hledger-web. See also the hledger changelog.
- Uses hledger 1.25.
- More reliable –version output, with commit date and without patch level.
- Allow megaparsec 9.2
Drop the obsolete hidden
Require base >=4.11, preventing red squares on Hackage’s build matrix.
Toggle showing zero items properly even when called with –empty. (#1237, Stephen Morgan)
Do not hide empty accounts if they have non-empty subaccounts. (#1237, Stephen Morgan)
Allow unbalanced postings (parenthesised account name) in the add transaction form. (#1058, Stephen Morgan)
version -> packageversion versiondescription -> versionStringFor
- Use hledger 1.22.2.
- deps: Allow megaparsec 9.1.
- The register chart works again when there are multiple commodities and transaction prices (broken since 1.22). (#1597, Stephen Morgan)
The –version flag shows more detail (git tag/patchlevel/commit hash, platform/architecture). (Stephen Morgan)
Allow yesod-form 1.7 (Felix Yan)
Add now-required lower bound on containers. (#1514)
GHC 9.0 is now officially supported, and GHC 8.0, 8.2, 8.4 are not; building hledger now requires GHC 8.6 or greater.
- In the add form, fix a bug where extra posting rows were not added when needed in certain web browsers. (charukiewicz)
Register: a date range can be selected by dragging over a region on the chart. (Arnout Engelen, #1471)
Add form: the description field’s autocompletions now also offer declared and used payee names.
--infoopen the man page or info manual. (See hledger changelog)
- Use hledger 1.20.4.
- Use hledger 1.20.3.
Fix the info manual’s node structure.
Use hledger 1.20.2.
- don’t hang when reloading the journal, eg after adding a transaction or editing the file. (#1409)
hledger-web’s test suite is re-enabled, now included in the main executable. hledger-web –test [– HSPECARGS] runs it.
Fix –forecast, broken in hledger-web since 1.18 (#1390)
Fix unescaped slashes in hledger-web description on hackage (TANIGUCHI Kohei)
The hledger-web version string is now provided at /version, as JSON (#1152)
The session file (hledger-web_client_session_key.aes) is now written in $XDG_DATA_DIR rather than the current directory. Eg on non-Windows systems this is ~/.cache/ by default (cf https://hackage.haskell.org/package/directory/docs/System-Directory.html#t:XdgDirectory). (#1344) (Félix Sipma)
Allow megaparsec 9
Drop redundant semigroups dependency (Felix Yan)
Queries containing a malformed regular expression (eg the single character
?) now show a tidy error message instead “internal server error” (Stephen Morgan, Simon Michael) (#1245)
In account registers, a transaction dated outside the report period now is not shown even if it has postings dated inside the report period.
Added a missing lower bound for aeson, making cabal installs more reliable. (#1268)
- fix some doc typos (Martin Michlmayr)
The filter query is now preserved when clicking a different account in the sidebar. (Henning Thielemann)
Hyperlinks are now more robust when there are multiple journal files, eg links from register to journal now work properly. (#1041) (Henning Thielemann)
Fixed a 2016 regression causing too many rows to be added by keypresses in the last amount field or CTRL-plus (#422, #1059).
Always start with four rows when opened.
Drop unneeded C-minus/C-plus keys & related help text.
- require newer Decimal, math-functions libs to ensure consistent rounding behaviour, even when built with old GHCs/snapshots. hledger uses banker’s rounding (rounds to nearest even number, eg 0.5 displayed with zero decimal places is “0”).
Fonts have been improved on certain platforms. (David Zhang)
IPv6 is supported (Amarandus) (#1145)
The –host option can now take a local hostname (Amarandus) (#1145)
New –socket option to run hledger-web over an AF_UNIX socket file. (Carl Richard Theodor Schneider) This allows running multiple instances of hledger-web on the same system without having to manually choose a port for each instance, which is helpful for running individual instances for multiple users. In this scenario, the socket path is predictable, as it can be derived from the username.
The edit and upload forms now normalise line endings, avoiding parse errors (#1194). Summary of current behaviour:
hledger add and import commands will append with (at least some) unix line endings, possibly causing the file to have mixed line endings
hledger-web edit and upload forms will write the file with the current system’s native line endings, ie changing all line endings if the file previously used foreign line endings.
Numbers in JSON output now provide a floating point Number representation as well as our native Decimal object representation, since the later can sometimes contain 255-digit integers. The floating point numbers can have up to 10 decimal digits (and an unbounded number of integer digits.) Experimental, suggestions needed. (#1195)
add support for megaparsec 8 (#1175)
fix add form completions (#1156)
Drop unnecessary json (#1190), mtl-compat dependencies
use hledger 1.16.1, fixing GHC 8.0/8.2 build
add support for GHC 8.8, base-compat 0.11 (#1090). For now, hledger-web needs an unreleased version of json.
drop support for GHC 7.10
Weeks in the add form’s date picker now start on Mondays (#1109) (Timofey Zakrevskiy)
The –cors option allows simple cross-origin requests to hledger-web (Alejandro García Montoro)
The test suite has been disabled for now.
–serve-api disables the usual server-side web UI (leaving only the API routes)
register page: account names are hyperlinked
?sidebar= now hides the sidebar, same as ?sidebar=0
fix “_create_locale could not be located” error on windows 7 (#1039)
use hledger 1.15
/accounts JSON: return all accounts, not just top-level ones (#985) Accounts are returned as a flat list, in tree order, with asubs fields empty.
use hledger 1.14.2
serve the same JSON-providing routes as in hledger-api:
/accountnames /transactions /prices /commodities /accounts /accounttransactions/ACCT
And allow adding a new transaction by PUT’ing JSON (similar to the output of /transactions) to /add. This requires the
addcapability (which is enabled by default). Here’s how to test with curl:
$ curl -s http://127.0.0.1:5000/add -X PUT -H 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-binary @in.json; echo
fix unbalanced transaction prevention in the add form
fix transaction-showing tooltips (#927)
manual updates: document –capabilities/–capabilities-header and editing/uploading/downloading.
use hledger 1.14
- use hledger 1.13
fix duplicate package.yaml keys warned about by hpack
use hledger 1.12
- use hledger 1.11.1
- use hledger 1.11
multiple -f options, and –auto, work again
view, add, edit permissions can be set at CLI or by Sandstorm HTTP header
the edit form has been revived, for whole-journal editing
the journal can now be uploaded and downloaded
the e key toggles empty accounts in the sidebar
use hledger-lib 1.10
- use hledger-lib 1.9.1
- fix compilation with yesod < 1.6
support ghc 8.4, latest deps
when the system text encoding is UTF-8, ignore any UTF-8 BOM prefix found when reading files
-E/–empty toggles zeroes at startup (with opposite default to cli)
add form account fields now suggest implied and declared account names also
add form date field now uses a datepicker (Eli Flanagan)
don’t write a session file at startup, don’t require a writable working directory
support -V/–value, –forecast, –auto
remove upper bounds on all but hledger* and base (experimental)
a @FILE argument reads flags & args from FILE, one per line
enable –pivot and –anon options, like hledger CLI (#474) (Jakub Zárybnický)
web: Make “Add transaction” button tabbable (#430) (Jakub Zárybnický)
accept -NUM as a shortcut for –depth NUM
deps: drop oldtime flag, require time 1.5+, remove ghc < 7.6 support
- remove unnecessary bound to satisfy hackage server
allow megaparsec 6 (#594, Simon Michael, Hans-Peter Deifel)
allow megaparsec-6.1 (Hans-Peter Deifel)
restore upper bounds on hledger packages
Depends on hledger[-lib] 1.3, see related changelogs.
Accounts with ? in name had empty registers (fixes #498) (Bryan Richter)
Allow megaparsec 5.2 (fixes #503)
add –host option (#429)
This came up in the context of Docker, but it seems it wasn’t possible for hledger-web to serve remote clients directly (without a proxy) because of 127.0.0.1 being hardcoded. That can now be changed with –host=IPADDR. Also, the default base url uses this address rather than a hard-coded “localhost”.
rename –server to –serve
The –server flag sounded too close in meaning to –host so I’ve renamed it to –serve. The old spelling is still accepted, but deprecated and will be removed in the next release.
- allow megaparsec 5.0 or 5.1
use full width on large screens, hide sidebar on small screens, more standard bootstrap styling (#418, #422) (Dominik Süß)
show the sidebar by default (#310)
fix the add link’s tooltip
when the add form opens, focus the first field (#338)
leave the add form’s date field blank, avoiding a problem with tab clearing it (#322)
use transaction id instead of date in transaction urls (#308) (Thomas R. Koll)
after following a link to a transaction, highlight it (Thomas R. Koll)
misc. HTML/CSS/file cleanups/fixes (Thomas R. Koll)
startup is more robust (#226).
Now we exit if something is already using the specified port, and we don’t open a browser page before the app is ready.
termination is more robust, avoiding stray background threads.
We terminate the server thread more carefully on exit, eg on control-C in GHCI.
more robust register dates and filtering in some situations (see hledger-ui notes)
reloading the journal preserves options, arguments in effect (#314).
The initial query specified by command line arguments is now preserved when the journal is reloaded. This does not appear in the web UI, it’s like an invisible extra filter.
show a proper not found page on 404
document the special `inacct:` query (#390)
Fix keyboard shortcut for adding a transaction (Carlos Lopez-Camey)
Clear the form when clicking ‘Add a transaction’ (just like the shortcut) (Carlos Lopez-Camey)
Disallow -f- (reading from standard input) which currently doesn’t work (#202)
Fix broken links when using –base-url (#235)
Fix the –file-url option (#285)
Show fewer “other accounts” in the account register: to reduce clutter in the “other accounts” field, if there are both real and virtual postings to other accounts, show only the accounts posted to by real postings.
- make the j keybinding respect –base-url (fixes #271)
- respect command line options (fixes #225)
- include the unminified jquery source again (#161)
- fix build breakage from #165 (fixes #268)
- fix a js error breaking add form in browsers other than firefox (#251, Carlos Lopez-Camey firstname.lastname@example.org)
- drop deprecated network-conduit dependency
GHC 7.10 compatibility (#239)
fix the add form when there are included files (#234)
NB to make this work, the add form now shows the full file path of the main and included journal files.
improve add form validation (#223, #234)
All add form errors are displayed as form errors, not internal server errors, and when there are errors the add form is redisplayed (form inputs are not preserved, currently).
keep the add button right-aligned when pressing ctrl - on the add form
- add missing modules to fix cabal tests (#232)
- fix: add missing hs/js files to package
- the web UI has been streamlined, dropping the raw and entries views and the edit form
- the help dialog has been improved
- keyboard shortcuts are now available
- the sidebar can be toggled open or closed (press s)
- layout tweaks for less truncation of descriptions and account names
- fix: don’t show all zero amounts when searching by account within an account register view
- chart improvements: show zero balances with correct commodity; show accurate balance at all dates; show transaction events & tooltips; show zero/today lines & background colors
- parses data more strictly and gives better errors (eg #194)
- allows any number of postings, not just two
- after adding a transaction, goes back to the journal
- keyboard shortcut (a) allows quick access
- allow warp 3*, wai-handler-launch 3*
- require yesod 1.4* (fixes #212)
- js updated (jquery, bootstrap, flot), added (typeahead, cookie, hotkeys), removed (select2)
- remove warp, wai-handler-launch upper bounds (fixes #205)
- depend on latest hledger
- depend on latest hledger
- The –static-root flag has been renamed to –file-url.
- hledger-web now builds with Cabal’s default -O, not -O2, so may be a little quicker/less memory-hungry to install.
- allow shakespeare 2.* (#179)
- add Peter Simons’ patch fixing Data.Conduit.Network HostIPv4 error (#171)
- depend on hledger[-lib] 0.22.2
- allow http-client 0.3.*, fixing cabal install again with GHC <= 7.6 (not yet 7.8)
- use pretty-show only with GHC 7.4+, fixing GHC 7.2 (fixes #155)
- allow warp 2.1, fixing cabal install
- Fix: include the right unminified version of jquery.url.js (1.1) to avoid js breakage
- Fix: version number reported by –version
- new option –static-root to set the base url for static files
- allow blaze-html 0.7 (#159)
- Fix: work around clang-related build failures with OS X mavericks/XCode 5
0.22.1 (2014/1/6) and older
See http://hledger.org/release-notes or doc/RELNOTES.md.