Cross platform library for file change notification.
|Version on this page:||0.3.0.1@rev:1|
|LTS Haskell 20.24:||0.3.0.1@rev:2|
|Stackage Nightly 2023-06-08:||0.4.1.0|
|Latest on Hackage:||0.4.1.0|
Maintained by Tom McLaughlin
This version can be pinned in stack with:
Module documentation for 0.3.0.1
Depends on 12 packages(full list with versions):
async, base, bytestring, containers, directory, filepath, hinotify, shelly, text, time, unix, unix-compat
Used by 7 packages in lts-18.28(full list with versions):
Unified Haskell interface for basic file system notifications.
This is a library. There are executables built on top of it.
compile with -fthreaded
API breaking update with a number of bugfixes and improvements.
- Now we can detect directory creation/deletion. A boolean flag has been added
Eventto indicate if the event pertains to a directory or not. This is the only API change.
- Test stability improvements + CI test suites now passing on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Interpreting OSX hfsevents flags is more sane now (see comments in OSX.hs for details).
- Improve a race condition when adding watches on Linux.
- Improve robustness of the PollManager.
- Fix double call to
- Remove comments about locking from the documentation.
Update to the new hinotify API (v0.3.10)
Catch IO exceptions when initialising inotify on Linux
Use filepath instead of deprecated system-filepath
- Fix the tests
- Restore compatibility with GHC 7.4
- Fix a bug in
treeExtAny, which previously work identically to
- Improve documentation
Include CHANGELOG.md and README.md in the source distribution.
- Allow to stop a listening job. Note this changes the return type of watching
- Previously, some care was taken to prevent multiple callbacks from running simultaneously. It is now the user’s responsibility. See #43 for details.
- Previously, paths returned to callbacks were relative on Windows. Now they are absolute, like on the other platforms.
WatchConfigtype has changed. Previously, it only specified debouncing parameters. Now it also contains polling parameters.
isPollingManagerfunction is added to determine, at runtime, whether the polling implementation is used.