This package contains libraries for dealing with system processes.
The typed-process package is a more recent take on a process API, which uses this package internally. It features better binary support, easier concurrency, and a more composable API. You can read more about it at https://github.com/fpco/typed-process/#readme.
1.6.9 May 2020
- Windows: Fix buffer size of
18.104.22.168 March 2020
- Fix another process wait bug on Windows.
22.214.171.124 March 2020
- Fix a few warnings on Windows.
126.96.36.199 February 2020
- Fix several bugs on Windows where use of process jobs would result in the process being prematurely terminated. See #168.
188.8.131.52 November 2019
- Fix a race condition on Windows that happens when you use process jobs and one of the child processes terminates but doesn’t release its resources immediately. Control returns to the caller too soon in this scenario. See #159
184.108.40.206 October 2019
- Fix a potential privilege escalation issue (or, more precisely, privileges
not being dropped when this was the user’s intent) where the groups of the
spawning process’s user would be incorrectly retained due to a missing call to
- Bug fix: Prevent stripping undecodable bytes from environment variables when in a non-unicode locale. #152
220.127.116.11 June 2019
- Version bound bumps
- Slightly nicer error messages for internal errors
18.104.22.168 December 2018
- Bug fix: On Windows ignore ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED for TerminateProcess() if the process did terminate #110
- Improve documentation of the
22.214.171.124 July 2018
- Bug fix: Don’t leak pipes on failure #122
- Drop support for GHC before 7.10.3
126.96.36.199 January 2018
getPidand export of platform specific
188.8.131.52 October 2017
- Allow async exceptions to be delivered to masked thread calling
- Update Win32 package version to 2.6.x
184.108.40.206 July 2017
220.127.116.11 February 2017
18.104.22.168 February 2017
- Bug fix: Don’t close already closed pipes #81
- Relax version bounds of Win32 to allow 2.5.
- Add support for monitoring process tree for termination with the parameter
CreateProcesson Windows. Also added a function
terminateJobto kill entire process tree.
22.214.171.124 December 2016
- New exposed
126.96.36.199 January 2016
- New function
createPipeFDadded which returns a POSIX File Descriptor (CInt) instead of a GHC Handle to a pipe
- New function
188.8.131.52 November 2015
- Use less CPP #47
- Refactor to have separate Windows and POSIX modules internally
- Remove the broken non-GHC code paths
184.108.40.206 November 2015
CreateProcessfor unix. #45
220.127.116.11 August 2015
StdStream(NoStream)to have standard handles closed. #13
- Support for Windows
- Support for Windows
18.104.22.168 March 2015
22.214.171.124 Jan 2015
Fix delegated CTRL-C handling in
createProcessin case of failed process creation. See issue #15 for more details.
waitpidon child PID after pre-exec failure in child to prevent zombies. See also issue #14.
126.96.36.199 Dec 2014
Add support for
Remove Hugs98 specific code
Expose documentation for
With GHC 7.10,
Safe(when compiled with older GHC versions they are just
createProcess_function, and document behavior of
createProcess. See issue #2.
System.Process.createPipeoperation. See also GHC #8943
188.8.131.52 Dec 2013
- Update to Cabal 1.10 format
- Remove NHC specific code
- Add support for
showCommandForUserto reduce redundant quoting
- New functions
- Implement WCE handling according to http://www.cons.org/cracauer/sigint.html
CreateProcessfor WCE handling
ExitFailure (-signum)on Unix when a proc is terminated due to a signal.
- On non-Windows, the child thread now comunicates any errors back to the parent thread via pipes.
- Fix deadlocks in